+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New mum to be living in Gordon Park

Hi all. My first baby is due on the 2 December and I was wondering whether there is any mothers group in the inner-northern suburbs. I have been having difficulty in trying to find a group that meets every fortnight or so.
    Looking forward to hearing from anyone who can provide me some information.

Cheers
    Julia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Mother's groups

Hi Julia
    Welcome to motherhood! I found two groups that I went along to with my first baby. The Australian Breastfeeding Association will have a group that meets in your area. It is a great forum to chat to and learn with mother mums about a whole range of things and not just about breastfeeding. I continued to go along after weaning my DD onto formula at around 6 months, as the sessions they had were great. I also found that our local Child Health clinic (at Nundah) ran new parent information sessions that ran weekly for about 10 weeks. You get to meet with other mums with babies the same age as yours. Our group continued to meet regularly until our babies were all about 1 year old (then we petered out due to all of us going back to work, mutual slackness, etc).

There's also a thread in this forum about regular mother's groups, coffee mornings etc where people are posting details of groups they attend (under chat with other parents / queensland / brisbane / post ur playgroup time here). You'll probably find stacks more under that.

Cheers