+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nearly 8month old rolling around in his cot at night

My ds is such a wriggler when we get to him of a morning he is usually at the top of his cot either on his tummy or sideways. We have a safe n sound anti roll thing but once he is awake he wiggled up the cot and he plays with it . Any suggestions what I can do I am worried about SIDS what do your guys think thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 5.5 month old is never where I've left him. I put him in a sleeping bag for his sleeps. He has a blanket too but it's tucked in really tight and he can only wriggle out from under it not actually pull it out. In regards to being on his stomach or side I figured since he got there himself it must be ok for him to sleep like that.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently the risk of sids is greatly reduced after 6 months so if hes happy rolling around I wouldnt worry about it too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If he can roll onto his side or his tummy then he can roll back again if he can't breathe. No need to worry

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I were you I would remove the anti roll thing and stop stressing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh my dd rolls all over the place!!! She has since she was in her cot at 3 mths. Normal. He'll be right

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your really worried about it you could look at getting a safe t sleep we have one for DS works a treat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies taken out the anti roll thing and seems to be better but still a wriggler lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    my just 7month old dd is also very active in her cot. she slept in a bassinette until 6 months and we moved her into her big cot gradually with nil problems initially. Now that shes mobile, she is all over the place. often lying sideways, on her tummy or side, up the top end of her cot with her head right against the rails. I dont mind, she gets there on her own and must like it (like jonnysmumma says). Imm not worried about sids so much because she can lift her head and pull stuff off her face. we also have a angelcare monitor.

BUT i am worried that all the night time activity causes a decrease in sleep hours. last night, i got up to check on her at 2 and found her awake but sleepy squirming around. i repositioned her back under the blankets and watched from outside the room and saw her move back to where she was originally. so i left her there and back to bed, anxiety probably woke me up again at 3 and checked on her, squirming around, all knees up, head burried down, rolling from side to side, moving all round, not crying or moaning, just unable to settle, I wrapped her in a muslin wrap (over the top of a 'love me swaddle') which she got out of, I rocked her until sleepy, put her back down, watched again, and back onto tummy/side worming up the top of her cot. turned the night light off. i even tried putting her down up the top of her cot, but straight away tried to move around. in the end i took her into bed and what-do-u-know, moving around again, just would not lie still! eventually both off to sleep at 5ish.

BUT why do they do it? is she cold? i put her in a singlet, wondersuit and love me swaddle. i have blankets in the bed but they are pointless cause she's never under them. is she hot? we live in a hot climate and i worry about overheating her so i've recently taken off the fleecy sleeping bag we used through winter, any suggestions for a replacement? sometimes she does wake up grumpy in the mornings like she hasn't had enough sleep, although theres been no crying or anything... this morning awake at 6:40am and back to sleep at 8:30 (dressed in a singlet and fleecy sleeping bag for a change, to see if it helps) can anyone suggest anything that might cause the restlessness. i saw the suggestion for a safety zone but she is vERY mobile, she'd get around it no probs. is it a phase? does the night light help or hinder? tummy complaint? any thoughts would be great. thanks you guys are great
    Last edited by addisonsmummy; 21-09-2011 at 08:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Addisonsmummy: I am in the same situation as you my ds doesn't stay still he is all over the place he goes down around 6 and I went in this morning at 4 am and he was awake he has a dummy too which is an added problem. He also is sharing a room with his 4 year old brother he has a nightlight which is more for the brother than him I am looking at getting rid of the dummy but not just yet. I am currently dressing him in flannette pjs as it's still cold here at night in qld he feels cold in the mornings so I'm sure he is warm enough if only he stays under his blankets lol.