+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We went to DHs best friends wedding recently and as a gift I am making their wedding album into a coffee table book. I didn't have money at the time, but knew I'd have it in a month or two, so am going to use my digital scrapbooking skills to make a beautiful wedding book for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    We went to DHs best friends wedding recently and as a gift I am making their wedding album into a coffee table book. I didn't have money at the time, but knew I'd have it in a month or two, so am going to use my digital scrapbooking skills to make a beautiful wedding book for them.
    That's a beautiful idea <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by second baby not so easy View Post
    For us - Engagment - $50 and Weddings $100 at least -More if it is a closer family or if we are in the bridal party and we use the costing of per head as a guide and this is for 2 people.

Regarding gifts people prefer to give - I think giving people presents they wont use or recieve 5 of the same is wasteful - I would prefer to give them money so they can actually get what they like not what I "like to give" I love when weddings have registar as this covers people that do want to give a an actual gift but they know what the couple would like.

We had a register at Myers, we didnt have a wishing well as if people wanted to give money they could give it in a card. When we sent thankyou cards, the people that gave us money we let them know it was put towards our new lounge and dinining room chairs.

Engagements are normally more casual so $50 would normally be the max. But with weddings it is normally dinner and drinks. For us we think we are having a night out with dinner and drinks and that would normally cost us at least $100 so that is reasonable.

At my wedding my Uncle and Aunty came (really dont like them so this didnt help) with there 3 children so 5 in total. That cost us nearly $400 in food etc, they gave us a platter that was probably $30 max. I find that rude
    Why invite them if you don't like them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    *sigh* because sadly in some families there's so many people you 'have to invite' - because you can't pick and choose what family members you invite. (I'm never getting married because of this - way too much drama)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    *sigh* because sadly in some families there's so many people you 'have to invite' - because you can't pick and choose what family members you invite. (I'm never getting married because of this - way too much drama)
    I had thought so too.. Till I thought ya know who is this really about, and answer is it's about me and DP it doesn't need to be special to or attended by anyone we don't want there.. DP and I for this reason have only invited people we want to be present (regardless of if they pay their own way ) I think there is way too much drama associated with what should be such a happy day, we realized so much of it is self created or brought on because we want others to make it more special for us..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its family! and it would cause too much drama and it doesnt just affect me, it would affect my Mum as well. If your only having a small wedding you can pick and choose, but if your having a big wedding you cant invite all the Uncles and Aunties and not one - I personally see that as rude and im not going to even go into the dramas that would cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its family! and it would cause too much drama and it doesnt just affect me, it would affect my Mum as well. If your only having a small wedding you can pick and choose, but if your having a big wedding you cant invite all the Uncles and Aunties and not one - I personally see that as rude and im not going to even go into the dramas that would cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    My sis is getting married overseas - mayby Bali so she doesnt have to have the big wedding and deal with all the family dramas!
    Last edited by second baby not so easy; 12-09-2011 at 15:33.