ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Going back for more after a difficult pregnancy?

For those of you who had physically difficult pregnancies, what made you want to go back for more?

My dh & I always wanted 4 kids, but I'm nearly 35 and am yet to have baby #2 (although it's not that many weeks away now). I struggled physically last pregnancy, but I was working full time and thought that played a big role. This pregnancy has actually been harder and I've only been working a few hours a week. I'm 35+5 weeks pregnant and I can hardly walk for at least a few hours of the day (usually late in the day), it hurts to sit down or stand up, it hurts to lie on my side in bed and it's only going to get worse before bubs arrives. I started having hip & back pains at 6 weeks and I already had nausea and profound exhaustion by that stage.

So, essentially I'm saying this has been a pretty rough pregnancy physically (and therefore emotionally) and at this stage we're saying that 2 kids is enough and we're done. BUT, I'm not 100% sure I'm done with having kids and that we won't change our minds in a year or two.

If you had a miserable pregnancy, did that put you off forever from wanting more, or did you end up trying again? Or if you're having a miserable pregnancy now, does that mean you're done after this one too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had 4 miserable pregnancies lol, daily vomiting and nausea and like you awful pelvic pain and discomfort. Our plan was always 4 kids and honestly when I'm not pregnant I forget how gross I feel so we keep trying. So being miserable and pregnant hasn't put me off, I can't wait to feel sick and uncomfortable again. I just don't feel done so haven't been put off.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I not a fan of being pregnant but had 2 kids as my desire for another child was higher than my dislike of pregnancy. It wasn't until i was pregnant again that i really remembered why i don't like being pregnant.
    I won't have any more, for various reasons but hating pregnancy is one factor. I think if i really wanted another i would go through it again but because i feel okay with only two (although i originally wanted more)it is easier to say no and stop here. If i was of those that loved pregnancy and had an easy time of it i might be more inclined to want anther if that makes sense.

I guess what i'm saying is it was a factor but at the end of the day it wasn't going to stop me if i felt i really wanted another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Difficult first pregnancy, Hyperemesis G, pelvis and back pain, unbelievable fatigue.
    And then a 25 hour labour. Didn't work after 10 weeks. Well.... I just couldn't.

Am now, 5 and a half years later, 34 weeks pregnant. This time: hyperemesis g, pelvis and back pain, fatigue, reflux. Haven't worked at all this time.

It took me years to get the courage up to try again, cos I remembered only too well.
    So, for a lot of reasons, this is my last. Thankfully my little girl is now doing her first year of school, so I can do the school run and then just crash when I need to, but it is tricky to find a comfortable position to rest in.
    Only six weeks to go....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get HG, which so far has died off for the most part by half way thank goodness. It relapses here and there but not to the extent of those first 20 wks or so, but it's replaced by sometimes crippling pelvic pain, where I literally cannot walk. Yet, I love pregnancy despite it all, there's something magical about it, and even when in the depths of despair feeling like I'm close to death, I still know I will go back for more.
    I know I will go back for #3, and hope to go back for #4 and #5 also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3rd pregnancy was a nightmare from beginning to end.After my even more traumatic
    labour i vowed never again.But here i am 3.5yrs later and im 12wks pregnant.I just figured what the hell i love being a mum so i am willing to go through it again.

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    6th pregnancy for me - all have been complicated.

I just really love my husband and children!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know how you feel! I am aiming for 2-3 kids. I've just had my first and the pregnancy was a bit of a nightmare because I had placenta previa and spent a LOT of time in the hospital, only to have him at 34+4weeks and now I'm leaving the hospital without him.

The emotional pain felt during this pregnancy and the fear that my next pregnancy will be the same has almost wiped out the desire to fall pregnant again.
    I'm afraid that if I have the previa again, I'll be stuck in hospital and miss vital time with my little man.

However, now that he is out, I really miss pregnancy. Sure I whinged and moaned about it all the time, but I miss feeling him kick around in my tummy and feeling his little hiccups. I loved the whole idea of being pregnant, and knowing what comes at the end. At least while I was pregnant, my boy was with me all the time, I didn't have to leave him anywhere.

I hope your feelings change and you can see yourself wanting to try again in the future. However, don't push yourself, it's your body and YOU know what's best for it!

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pregnancy with child #1 was awesome, worked full time and exercised 4 nights a week. I was miserable the entire time with child number #2 physically and emotionally. Just hours after my CS, I felt a million dollars even my DH said it was nice to have his wife back. I don't think I could risk having another miserable pregnancy...yuk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    Pregnancy with child #1 was awesome, worked full time and exercised 4 nights a week. I was miserable the entire time with child number #2 physically and emotionally. Just hours after my CS, I felt a million dollars even my DH said it was nice to have his wife back. I don't think I could risk having another miserable pregnancy...yuk
    mine was similar to youre. great with DD1 and horrid with DD2. though will still go for #3 just cant decide when