ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Question What's Your Fave OSFM MCN?

I am liking the idea of the OSFM MCN rather than having to buy multiple sizes as baby grows.

So what OSFM do you use?

I have my eye on Itti Bitti Tuttos & Baby Beehinds Magic-Alls Multifits. Loving the Minkee!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't buy too many before you get to try them out. I tried a few OSFM but didn't like any of them when bub was less than 12 months old. They are just too big and bulky and i couldn't get the adjustable snaps to work right each time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (21-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its been over 18 months since either of my DS where in nappies but I used BumGenius OSFM for both of them and found them great !!!!!

My sister and my cousin are using them on their babies who are 4 months and 3 months respectively and are loving them too! (I think they have newer versions to what I used with my kids!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before DS (now almost 2) was born we bought some Bumgenius, Issy Bears and a sized Itti Bitti. Couldn't come at the cost of the Itti Bitti ones when you need multiple sizes but liked the trim crotch so for number 2 due in December thinking of trying the new Bitti Tuttos (one size). The Issy Bears were ok but very bulky, especially on a small bub. So in the end we ordered a full set of the Bumgenius and they have been great all the way through.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wildflowers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for sharing ladies. Anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    the cloth nappy hunt is on for september, so a good time to get some bargains! if you sign up you get a discount at many places, plus many of them have sales or spot sales on during this month. also sign up to some of the nappy shop e-mail newsletters and get notice when they are on sale.

i never buy nappies for full price, only buy 2nd hand or when they are on sale.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    I am liking the idea of the OSFM MCN rather than having to buy multiple sizes as baby grows.

So what OSFM do you use?

I have my eye on Itti Bitti Tuttos & Baby Beehinds Magic-Alls Multifits. Loving the Minkee!!
    I have used BumGenius, Green Kids, Itti Bitti Tutto, BBH Magic-All Multifits. My favourites are the BumGenius and Itti Bitti.

We had a lot of leaking problems with the Green Kids, also they do not have an adjustable rise which is essential in my opinion for a OSFA.

The BBH Multifits have come out in a new version, the version I had was HUGE both in rise and in crotch area, I wouldn't use it on my average size dd until 12 months. If you had a large chubby baby it would be a good choice.

The Itti's are the most trim, I can't say I really use it as a shell system with extra snap-ins as the shell just always seems to smell after one use, so I always chuck it in the laundry. I'm not 100% positive they will be big enough to last to toilet training, we don't have a lot of room to go on the waist and our dd is certainly not large. I do love them though. The snap in inserts give you a lot of options for how much absorbency you need.

I bought 7 of the BumGenius (ordered through the US and shipped via a mail forwarder) and love them. They were trim enough on a 4 week old (though a little wide in the crotch but didn't seem to bother her) and we have just moved to the last rise setting at 15 months. I have just bought another 17 second hand ones I found for a bargain just in case I ever need more! We have used them as a night nappy from 4 months to 14 months, now use disposables.

As someone previously mentioned September is nappy hunt month so keep your eyes peeled for discounts.

Also worth looking on ebay every now and then. Sometimes people sell their barely used nappies for 1/2 or less the price it would cost to buy new.

I would note though that fitteds with cover are pretty much your only option for newborns, pockets etc. just can't contend with that runny poo!

Good Luck,

12. The Following User Says Thank You to starrynightz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am using the itti bitti tuttos and the baby beehind magic all multi fits. We started using them around 6 weeks but had to stop with both brands and go to sposies because of major leakage problems. Because DS had chubby legs but a skinny waist the nappies just wouldn't fit right and I got fed up of changing his clothes 4 times a day.

Now DS is 3 months and both brands work really well! He's filled out more and they fit nicely. My favourite is the itti bitti tutto as it is not so high rise, and it doesn't seem to be quite as bulky. Having said that - I'm not sure they will last until toilet training as DS is quite a big boy.

My advice would be to get a few different types and a few different brands. See what works best for your bubba and then do a big order

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bonnibuns workhorse nappies

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    bonnibuns are great coz they arnt bulky, i couldnt get a good fit in the tuttos and they leaked EVERY TIME, BBH multis are bulky on little ones, i really like the cute tooshie candies (CUTE TOOSHIE, not CUSHIE TUSHIE) very absorbant

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximum22 For This Useful Post: