Closed Thread
Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Easter everyone,

Pixel - we will be hearing some good news from you soon! Sounds very good indeed!
    Twowhites - fantastic results, have a great and relaxing time.
    Jed - congratulations on your beautiful boy and girl.
    How's everyone going in their planning?
    A question, what is the best way to pay for everything when you are in SA? Do you use your credit card or can you get a travel card before you go and put funds onto that?
    Have a great day and enjoy some chocolate
    Cartia x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cartia For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sunny 15 and Laned for your replies! I ended up sending through a more detailed report about my surgery last year and CFC have confirmed I no longer have to go through the HSG or hysteroscopy. I'm very relieved and feel like things are back on track!

Pixel - very promising results! Will keep fingers crossed for you for BT result next week!

One question - How did people decide on whether to go with Synarel, daily Lucrin or the Lucrin depot injection? Having used Synarel before I never want to go near that again. I would prefer the depot injection but cant seem to find a pharmacy in Melb that stocks the right dose. But I'd seriously prefer daily injections over Synarel.

Happy Easter to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone.....Hope you all have a Happy Easter and I hope that everything to do with eggs is wonderful!!!!

Donna xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (01-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Jed on the birth of your little boy and girl! exciting times ahead...my twin boys are a month old tomorrow! Hi to everyone else...too tired for a long post.
    xxWJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    TW I used Crinone and got a BFP.
    Congrats Pixel..cannot wait to hear updates. Hi all, having trouble posting hence short reply

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (01-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel - Wow it's such an amazing feeling seeing those two lines. I still remember it. Can't wait to hear your official result and level. Twowhites - I think you will be fine on Crinone. On the whole research shows little difference between PIO and Crinone. In older women Crinone and PIO have been found to be equally effective. When I switched from Pessaries to Crinone in Australia my levels became normal. I went with PIO in SA because the Dr told me it was best and as I have a severe LPD I didn't want to chance anything. Progesterone is such a sensitive subject for me as my first clinic in Australia gave me pessaries for years and they were ineffective so all my IVFs had no chance. It still really upsets me so I feel this need to warn others against using them. Crinone is good stuff and you have to go with what you are comfortable with. Plus you will miss the sore bottom I still remember that blah. Big congrats on the egg haul will look forward to further updates. Libelle - I initially decided to go with the one time injection and ordered it from the international chemist. Then I got all nervous about using it as I hadn't tried it before. I had a terrible reaction to Lucrin in the past so that was out. Synarel has always worked good for me with no side effects so I ended up going with that. However, I do know for a lot of people Synarel causes major headaches and other problems. I would go with the one that causes you the least grief. Sorry about the formatting BubHub is being strange.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (31-03-2013),Twowhites  (01-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Makeba - 3 more sleeps. You must be so excited right now.

Twowhites - wow, 20 eggs...you must be thrilled.

January - Things are really moving along for you...my donor is currently donating for another couple at the moment, so she wont go through screening until late April...it just cant happen quick enough for me!

Libelle - I recently went through the depot vs daily vs syneral decision. I cant depend on my FS here...he doesnt want to assist! So firstly, I had to find out if my GP could prescribe them all and then I went to a couple of chemists to see if they could be supplied...Im in a regional town, so choice is limited. The depot seemed to be a bit of an issue....one couldnt be supplied at all and the other wasnt kept on hand but could be supplied, but they way the chemist spoke, I wasnt too confident. Lucrin can be supplied but my issue is cost...I have had quotes ranging from $265 PER INJECTION to $480 (Lucrin is not on the PBS and I have yet to find out if I can get anything back from my health cover). I had the exact opposite Lucrin experience to SummerShine...I didnt have any problems whatsoever. I have never been on Syneral but I have heard some pretty wicked things about it. But ultimately, what was in the back of my mind was a consistant dosage...I dont have a medical background, so Im happy to be advised otherwise, but I couldnt help feeling that a daily preloaded injection was a more consistant dosage than a one off depot and also the nasal spray (does sneezing some of it out compromise the dosage???). So Lucrin it is for me...just now need to find out about costs locally vs the intl pharmacy. Hope this makes sense.

WilsonJoy - Tired...and I bet you wouldnt have it any other way...I cant wait!

Cartia - I hope someone has some answers for you regarding credit card/travel card...I am wondering about that too.

Summershine - Isnt that funny how we both had differing experiences on Lucrin....I guess it just goes to show how individual we all are! I notice that your signature block says 1 week 4 days to go....you must be really excited too.

Pixel - How are you? Any more POAS?

AFM
    Cyndi emailed me last Monday night requesting a couple of updated tests for DP and I. Tests done Tuesday (very very lucky we got in so quickly)...results came back Thursday and they are back over to Cyndi. She also advised that our donor will be ready to be screened at the end of April following her current donation. So it is back to the waiting game!!!
    Last edited by Sunny15; 31-03-2013 at 17:42.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Cartia  (31-03-2013),Libelle  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Cartia - we have paid CFC and Gift ov Life via credit card from here. We will be loading a travel card with some money as we don't want to rely on one credit card all the time. I will pay accommodation, CFC and Gift balance on credit card but anything else will be the travel card.

Question for the ladies that have travelled over - I am keen to do acupuncture pre and post transfer. Any suggestions? I do recall reading a name early in the forum but if anyone has recommendations, would appreciate your help.

Thanks Sunny15, spending the day packing tomorrow and getting sorted. Im working Tuesday and Wednesday before flying out Wednesday night.. yikes!

Will be in touch from Cape Town!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Makeba For This Useful Post:

Cartia  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Makeba - The acupuncturist name that was posted a little while ago was Sarah Hewland.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Makeba  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Makeba

not long now! I hope you have great success..
    Sarah Hewland is lovely and her clinic is really near the CfC.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Twowhites For This Useful Post:

Makeba  (05-04-2013)