Closed Thread
Page 14 of 107 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Edd Donation in South Africa - start of our journey

Hi Wilsonjoy12,
    So sorry to hear of your disappointment with your first ED in South Africa. Wishing you the best of luck this time around.
    Can I ask what ED agency you went through & what clinic you'll be going through?
    As said in my first post, we went through Baby2 Mom for our ED & probably going though Aevitas for the clinic proceedure. Our donor is also 22 y.o so we're hoping for a good result as this will be my first ED experience after numerous failed IVF attempts, my fit, gorgeous husband having a heart attack then open heart surgery...now finding out he has a blood clotting disorder & will need chemo. BLOODY ATTENTION SEEKER!!!! Sufficed to say its been a rollercoaster as its been for all of you, and daiquiris have been required at times!
    We'll probably be there end July so won't be able to join you for that cup of tea unfortunately.

To Jodie - I must apologise as I didnt read enough of the thread to know of your struggles with your gorgeous bub. So sorry to hear what you've been through. You both seem like tough characters though so Im sure all will be fine!

If anyone does have any recent feedback/advice re SA & particularly ED in Cape Town it would be very much appreciated particularly as we're in the booking/planning stage before we head off in next 2 months. I'll read back on the thread also.

Thank you again & best of luck to all!
    Megan
    ps - I must say Ive never used 'smilies' before however its highly appropriate on this site! Your support of each other through these very trying times is gorgeous.

Me - 43 (although in my mind haven't budged from 30!!) DH - 47.
    Me - Endo
    IVF - Failed too many to mention...
    On a mission to have little ones with the love of my life whom I married at 40!
    Last edited by luxe68; 31-05-2012 at 16:34. Reason: typos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Luxe68 not a problem, reading back through the thread will give you a wealth of information I tried to put everything I could remember to make the cycles easier or should i say less stressful for others. I have no knowledge of the clinic you are using perhaps once you have finished your cycle with them you can tell us what u thought to help those in future.

Wilsonjoy just ignore your friend I don't see what she is getting so worked up about as she is in the same boat the only difference between us and your friend is the government doesn't get involved and your bub may never meet the donor but then again the laws may change between now and when the bub is older. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to get a donor here hence looking elsewhere. She of all people should realize what a stressful situation we are in and her behavior doesn't make things easier.

I hope you both have successful cycles and enjoy your holidays, south Africa is a lovely and cheap place to visit I wouldnt mind gong back again just for a holiday. Perhaps when Bub is older we will do.

Baby dust to all, and try as hard as you can to think positive, easier said than done I know. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Luxe,
    We initially chose a donor with Gift ov Life, (last time) but she proved to be unsuitable. Our next donor (and the one we chose) came from Global egg donors. Very costly. This time we went and met Tami from Gift in Cape Town a couple of days before we flew home (and knowing I was a neg). I explained to her my anxiety of doing the next trip by myself, and she said she would help me out if I needed assistance with anything...this level of care impresses me. Having been shoved around for the last few years and treated with a level of contempt by many people in the IVF business, it was indeed refreshing to meet someone so nice. We rented a very cute 2 storey loft in Newlands which had a little pool to sit by and was very comfortable. This time i have chosen something similar a bit closer to Claremont (where Cape Fertility is situated). I am flying business class this time, as I have a few riding injuries, which make long haul travel very uncomfortable...I am so lucky I can do it. And this is it..we stop trying after this trip, and buy a property in the country, and I get horses back in my life...probably the only reasonable substitute for babies!!
    Jodi we did try to find a donor here, and a very friendly and generous young woman wanted to do it as soon as she met us...but I looked at her kids and I saw behaviours of concern...I work with children with special needs, and I do look with knowledge... i just didnt want her egg..my friend in the above mention post was very angry with me for actually verbalising that I did not like what I saw...anyway, my friend who is a doctor just popped in to give me my Lucrin shot...its all happening! Cape here I come!

Thanks
    Reviews
    correction...I only told my friend what I thought, not the lovely woman who wanted to donate!

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Summershine - Thank you for your well wishes. We will be staying in De Waterkant in a Self Catering Apartment in a Hotel. It has 24 hour secuirty conceriege and a security car space etc. We feel that this will be very safe. The hotel has a free shuttle that takes you to the waterfront area. Our hotel was highly recommended in Trip Advisor so we are very happy with our choice! The guests in the Apartments have the use of the pool, gym, restaurant and bar so when we don't want to go out we have everything we need in the hotel.

Luxe - We found our donor on Baby2mom. Jenny is amazing to deal with so extremely professional and efficient. We are going to Cape Fertility Clinic and staying in Cape Town for 13 days. Can't wait!

Wilson - We will be going to Cape Town early June so won't be there at the same time as you. Wishing you the very best for the next time you go to SA. We have chosen a lovely young donor too aged 21. I'm sure you'll have some gorgeous quality eggies from your 22 year old. Wishing you all the success.

Jodie - Lovely to hear from you. Is baby Matthew home with you yet? I hope that everything is going smoothly. I can't believe our time has come to leave for Cape Town!! It was your first post that got me excited and led me on this path so I thankyou!!! We are so looking forward to a holiday too.

Therese - Thinking of you and your precious Stella. Sending positive vibes to you and that she continues to fight and be the trooper that she is. Saying some special prayers just for little Stella. She is a miracle and such a strong little treasure. Wishing you the very best.

AFM: We leave in 2 days!!! I can't believe it!!! We are honestly looking at this trip 50% holiday and 50% for a special purpose. We are in real need of a propper holiday it's been such a long, long time. My husband is in a high pressure job so this is just what he needs and I've had some many failed cycles, transfers and heartache on this long journey it's time to do this!! Do do hope our dreams come true and we come back with BFP it would just be the icing on the cake and create so much excitement for our future. Wish me luck ladies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone! I haven't been on for so long and so much has happened, my prayers are both with Jodiw and therese. May god bless u and ur lil ones. Thought I'd message as I'm currently in cape town for our 2nd attempt. We have again gone with baby2mom because they truly are wonderful! Well it looks like this could be the end of the road my uterus is to thin even after being on a special protocol.. Which at 27 years of age is a bit much to handle at times.. We got 7 fertalised eggs this time.. I'm here in cape town by myself this time and everything is going fine.. Will go in on Tuesday to see if my lining is any better.. It was 5mm on Wednesday and my dr was pretty concerned. This is my last shot so fingers crossed. God bless u all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to everyone I just wanted to let you all know that hubby and I went to the states for our egg donation and had a great result our donor was 24 yrs they collected 24 mature eggs 21 fertilized normally and by ay 5-7 we had 12 to be frozen 2 of which were transferred to me and 10 frozen for later use, the trick to your donors is younger seems better and look at their results from prior donation greater than 15 eggs collected and pregnancy from those donations that's what my USA Dr told us to look for. I wish you all luck and are praying for your littles who are putting up such a strong fight.
    Oh yeah I almost forgot I came home from the states pregnant with twins unfortunately I lost one of my miracles at about 7 weeks but still have a strong one who is doing everything right and as a beautiful strong heartbeat, I'm off to have my 10week scan today, praying this little miracle is still going strong
    Karen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wilsonjoy,
    Again sorry to hear re your unsuccessful attempts so far & wish you the best for this trip. As said we'll be there end july/early august.Dates TBA.

Can you please advise what clinic you went through in Cape Town last time when they didn't update you re the EDs porgress & what clinic you're going through now?
    Thanks again.
    Megan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

Wow you are an amazing bunch of women and I hope you don't mind me joining your thread.

Fisrtly, my heart felt wishes to those of you who have had a very difficult time of it, with prem bubs and family illness, as if you havn't had enough of a struggle to date. To those embarking on a DE program all the very best.

I am always saddened to read when other people, particularly those wh have fought their own infertility battles give 'their piece of mind'. We should all be supporting each other. After all, no one comes to an ED decision lightly.

You will see from my signature that DH and I notwithstanding many IUIs and IVF/ICSI cycles have only managed to have 2 pregnancies that ended in miscarriages (due to trisomy).

After a lot of heartache I made the leap to go to Sth Africa. We have paid the agency fee, chosen the donor and are scheduled to be there on 19 August. Our donor would only donate in Joburg, so we are going through the Medfem clinic.

As per all of you before me, I am hoping like crazy this journey is worth it.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

A quick update from Cape Town.

2 perfect 4A grade embryos were transferred. The Dr. said the grading couldn't be any better so we are thrilled!!

Also 2 embryos were frozen so it takes the pressure off this cycle.

We are loving exploring beautiful Cape Town there is so much to see and do!!

Will keep you posted.

Helen.