Closed Thread
Page 24 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Nessie - would definitely love to catch up. How are you placed for Wednesday morning? Lucy's at a gymnastics day so I'd only have Marc and Scarlett. I'll PM you my mobile in case you don't have it anymore.

Re travel - I definitely advocate doing as much travel as you can while you still have 1 kid, particularly if you're going it alone. I had so many opportunities to travel when Lucy was little and I didn't take them as it all seemed too hard. Now we have the 3 it's so much harder. DH and I want to take the kids overseas but I'm seriously reconsidering it until all the kids are much older. JMO.

M4N enjoy the freedom. We're off to the beach tomorrow, weather permitting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sonja: i was just whining to dh bout wanting a holiday, wish we had the money, i would love to go back to NZ, we had the best 5 star honeymoon there...although for me and DH we need some babysitting as we love fine dining and dont mind spending a few hundred on a meal...not exactly kid friendly! oh and canada...yes thats on the top of the list for about 10 years time i think for sure.

mum4nay: i dont think i have gained much at all yet....last time i was gaining 4 kilo's a month..if that happens this time well i'll be eating dust all pg, ive felt sick in the arvo's which is hard cos all i want is bread etc but i draw the line at small portions........ive been craving salad sandwiches so thats good at least!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Is it me or has BH changed again? The reply to thread seems to be different.

Hi to everyone...sorry i have been a bit slack, have been reading everyday.

Well i have finally done it....stopped breastfeeding, Kades last feed was 4am Monday morning and god my boobs are sore....any suggestions would be fantastic and can someone tell me how long to expect them to be "full and hard"....

Hope you all are having a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    amum: i would just hand express a little bit to get that hardness out and prevent lumps, it should go away pretty quick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with JFB! Well done on weaning. It isn't the easiest thing to do is it? xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls...do you think its best not to express any if i can put up with the "pain"....i'm coping ok so far...just keep telling myself that's another hour gone and one closer to it being over......

Kel - Was it you that got mastitis? Can you tell me what to look for...

Thanks
    Reviews
    if your boob gets red and hot thats bad but i never had mastitis but had a few big lumps so would have a hot shower for 20 minutes and then massge the lump out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum, you need to hand express two to three squirts out every few hours or you will end up with mastitis or even worse an abscess. Expressing a small amount gets rid of any bacteria that is sitting in the ducts and will not affect how quickly you dry up.
    Please do it, I got mastitis and hot painful boobs are no fun, and my dog got 2 abscess's when we weaned her pups (and people get them commonly too) and trust me it was freaking awful.
    Bacteria breeds in the milk as it's warm and moist and full of nutrients. Cold/flu like symptoms, temperature, achy muscles and hot breasts are all signs of mastitis.
    Take care.
    Last edited by Backflip; 11-10-2011 at 11:46. Reason: crap spelling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    BF - Thanks...i'll start that now.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another thing that helped me was cold and flu tablets- The active ingredient Pseudoephadrine reduces milk supply by up to 24% per day, so get the strongest ones you can find and take them every 4 hours.
    Google it, there is a bit of info
    Take pseudoephedrine--120 mg/day, a decongestant. research shows that it can decrease milk supply by as much as 24%. (found in Sudafed, Actifed)

Ice packs also work really well, and believe it or not feel really nice.