+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good advice above re: NAB. It does mean though that you're limited in your car choice to something quite old. Just another piece of advice - most banks don't take into account child support as it's not guaranteed; sucks but I do understand why, my exDP is often late on CS.

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got a my home loan through anz when I was on pps 9 years ago. Child support isn't counted as an income though as it can stop at any time. I was also working a few days a week

You could try your bank a girl I used to work with got a loan for 10k and she is on pps only

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Original post from 2011...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Original post from 2011...
    That's weird cos it was at the top of my newsfeed. Didn't even look at the date. Whoops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    That's weird cos it was at the top of my newsfeed. Didn't even look at the date. Whoops
    Spammer bumped it. Darn spammers...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Single mum applying for loan for rental property

Hi I need some advice out there im currently homeless with my 2 year old daughter had to flee my x partners house a few weeks ago due to domestic disturbance I'm currently travelling back and forth staying in different people's houses and at the same time looking for rental and going to all my daughters activities during week and looking for a job as well I've applied for over 12 properties in the last 2 weeks and every declined I've done something different to my application to make it better but still not working I'm at my witts end just trying to find a place to live in not working but I'm getting 940 a fortnight at the moment and I'm looking for a job I have come to the decision that I want to apply for a personal loan with my bank which is commonwealth so I can put down 2 or 3 months rent upfront to get into a property and I'm wanting to borrow the minimum which is $5000 and give back $2000 right away coz I don't need that much I just wanna pay rent in advance because I feel like there's a lot of competition in inspections and I even wanna put my car and furniture as collateral just so I can have a roof over my head i need help I don't have much time where I can stay with my Aunty or my mum coz one has cancer and the other has domestic issues herself which is not good for my daughter so please anyone have some advice on regards to getting a loan or anyone have a rental for me and my 2 year old daughter
    #singlemumlife#thuglife

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Capulette View Post
    Hi I need some advice out there im currently homeless with my 2 year old daughter had to flee my x partners house a few weeks ago due to domestic disturbance I'm currently travelling back and forth staying in different people's houses and at the same time looking for rental and going to all my daughters activities during week and looking for a job as well I've applied for over 12 properties in the last 2 weeks and every declined I've done something different to my application to make it better but still not working I'm at my witts end just trying to find a place to live in not working but I'm getting 940 a fortnight at the moment and I'm looking for a job I have come to the decision that I want to apply for a personal loan with my bank which is commonwealth so I can put down 2 or 3 months rent upfront to get into a property and I'm wanting to borrow the minimum which is $5000 and give back $2000 right away coz I don't need that much I just wanna pay rent in advance because I feel like there's a lot of competition in inspections and I even wanna put my car and furniture as collateral just so I can have a roof over my head i need help I don't have much time where I can stay with my Aunty or my mum coz one has cancer and the other has domestic issues herself which is not good for my daughter so please anyone have some advice on regards to getting a loan or anyone have a rental for me and my 2 year old daughter
    #singlemumlife#thuglife
    First what state are you in?
    Last edited by CharlieDE; 12-02-2017 at 17:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I am also a single mum who went through dv have you contacted dv connect? They can put you in accomodation and then help get you into a rental I left with only the clothes on our backs and a bag of toys. Money3 will help regarding a car loan I had **** credit and was unemployed at the time and they gave me a loan and I got a Holden Captiva I have 3 kids so needed something a little bigger. Where do you live? I have a few contacts that could help you out with a place but I would def go into refuge. It's not how people picture it we had our own 3 bedroom apartment for about 6 weeks then I got into my own place. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Capulette View Post
    #singlemumlife#thuglife
    I am sorry to dissuade you, but I am afraid that offerring money upfront doesn't appear to be of much value.

When my daughters were first looking for a rental place, I loaned them 6 months rent (approx $10k) to offer upfront because they had no rental history. However I found they continued to be knocked back by the reputable agents. (We are in Queensland. The REIQ guidelines state that an agent cannot require more than 4 weeks rent in advance, so I think that is why. After three months of applying constantly, we managed to get them approved by a 'dodgy' agent who did take the rent in advance. They weren't happy with how he treated them, but stayed for their six months, then were able to get a normal place because they had rental history. So while it did eventually work for them, I dont think it would be worth it if you have to pay commercial interest rates.)

I think your best bet is to link in with some DV help services, and get referrences from their counsellers or support agents.