ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i had a few problems with the mirena. firstly i got scarring on my cervix from the little wires scratching it all the time. i also had about 4 months of spotting, and it's not just the color of what is coming out of you, it's the amount and the texture. it's wet all the time. sex was not fun at all. there wasn't enough friction. it's just slippery and slidey! no good. we prefer more friction than that! it's like using a good handful of lube. not good.

then i got a uterine infection which caused a lot of bleeding and pain and i had to have it removed to fix the pain, and go on anti-biotics for 4 weeks to get rid of the infection.

this doesn't happen with everyone. and yes you could just have it removed if you didn't like what it did to you. but there's high chances of it happening. every time i went to the doctor (for the scarring, for the discharge and for the infection) they said "ah, yes, we see this a lot". it wasn't unusual at all.

with implanon, i never tried it because several friends did and they just bled non stop until it was removed. i didn't want to jump on that bandwagon as much as i might enjoy bleeding! no thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had issues with:
    the pill (tried two different types, both gave me HEAVY, 2 week long periods and I had no interest in sex whatsoever)
    and implanon (lasted 6 weeks with non stop bleeding and then marched down and demanded they take it out again)
    but I found Mirena fantastic. No periods at all, although having read around it a little it seems I'm in the minority. I'll get it put in again between kids.
    It seems all these different types affect everyone differently though- you hear so many good and bad stories about everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=MummysYellowCar;6053186]I guess with the mirena you could always try & see as its easily removed.

QUOTE]

My OB told me that if I dont like the Mirena by 4 mths, then Its not likely I will like it and he'll take it out for me. BUT a GP can also take it out too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    YAY for some people that had success with mirena but not implanon. Now to wait a few months to be able to get in to see someone

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had awful problems with implanon continual af for a year, 10 kilo weight gain, pimples and turned into an absolute head case! Mirena was brilliant, I only removed to ttc and was pg within 5 mths in SA gps cant insert or remove so have to go to family planning or a gyno. goodluck with yours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    just an update on my situation.. had my mirena removed 2 days ago after having it for 3 years. It had moved all the way down one of my fallopian tubes and I was really lucky the gyno could get it out. He said that movement is a significant risk when its inserted in the doctors office rather than surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had the implanon in for treatment of endo and I think it only made things worse. Got it removed 3 weeks ago and are now trying for our first. My next bc will deff be the mirena.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm having success with marina so far
    Limited spotting and limited pain

coming from my phone. excuse typos. i'm much too lazy and uncoordinated to fix it