ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Issues with Implanon but not Mirena or Vice Viersa?

Hi all,

I've got implanon- but I can't handle the effects on AF anymore. I managed once a fortnight, but 3 days between bleeds is a bit much so NEED to have it out ASAP.

Looking into the Mirena as both contraceptive and treatment for endometriosis, but there are so many horror stories.

Anyone have success on Mirena but not on Implanon or vice versa?

Or even if someone has suggestions for endo that does NOT mean:
    1. Combined Pill
    2. Mini Pill
    3. Implanon
    4. Waiting it out till the pain gets unbearable then getting another laparoscopy and then repeating the process again every few years until I hit menopause

sam's mum is offline and Amelia's and Belle's too....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    I will be watching this. I just had my implanon out and I don't know what I am going to do. The dr suggested mirena but I don't really know. Haven't investigated really yet because I want to get everything out of my system. BUT I need to do something. When I was younger I ended up in hospital on pain relief a few times. And pethidine at home even more often. I really can't go through that again. I don't even know if I should be thinking about a permanent solution like hysterectomy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Anyone?

Well as I said in the other thread had the implanon out yesterday and the bleeding stopped same day. I'm now waiting to get in somewhere to talk about getting the mirena.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got the mirena after having DD. I only had it for 8 months then had it taken out because we didn't to prevent a pregnancy. I had no troubles with mine, had a tiny bit of cramping in the first few days, some spotting in the first week and then no bleeding or anything. I will get another after I have another bub. My BFF has one and since she has had it she has been experiencing anxiety issues, I can't say if they are related but the timing is suspicious to me. It is easily removed if it doesn't work out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    SPG the hormones are reknown for doing crazy things with mental health. Don't let her discount it!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, I have been trying but her fear about going back to horrid periods and doubt that it is being caused by the mirena is stopping her, but she is due to have it removed soon (even though she keeps forgetting to have it take out, because she thinks it isn't due to come out until next year - memory of a goldfish).

biscotti is offline Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I can't help with implanon issues but I did have a mirena in 2008/09- it turned me into the crazy woman from hell, seriously, it nearly cost me my marriage
    I was insane, had it removed many months later and within days I was back to the normal me.
    I know that wasn't very helpful but I had such a terrible experience and I know it's not that way for everyone but I am so glad I had it removed.
    X
    Last edited by biscotti; 01-09-2011 at 20:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had the Mirena put in last week. The first few days hurt like period pain, but so far so good, although could be too early to tell....
    I feel fine mentally though, but I didnt on day 2.
    Im hoping that weight doesnt change and libido doesnt drop.... Im only having it in for less than 12 mths though before I start trying for baby 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Awe- thanks Biscotti for sharing and HUGS on the memories. I already warned the BF that if I get insane to tell me so I can get it out.

He asked me how he was supposed to tell the difference

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had a mirena for 3 yrs and about to go get it removed (it would be out now if there wasn't a 4 week wait to go for first consult with gyno). Everyone I know who had a mirena has had about a 3 yr limit. I finally started experiencing some unusual bleeding after 2 1/2 yrs of no bleeding at all.

Have also had implanon- irregular / nonstop bleeding happened straight away.

I guess with the mirena you could always try & see as its easily removed.

A friend who had a mirena to treat endometriosis is looking at more radical treatments now such as a hysterectomy or endometrial ablation- both are 'permanent' forms of birth control however treat the endometriosis situation well.