+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When do you ovulate after early miscarriage?

Hi all

I naturally miscarried at 4 weeks 2 days. Can I expect to ovulate again on my usual cycle day 14 or is it 2 weeks after the last day of the miscarriage? Some sites say both.

For those who have experienced early miscarriages when did you fall pregnant again? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry for your loss. I had a m/c at 6 weeks and my next period took maybe 5 weeks I think, so I would have ovulated later than usual. That's 5 weeks from the day of the pain & heavy bleeding. It depends on what your HCG levels are doing - mine were low and dropped pretty quickly after the loss. Your body won't ovulate again until the level goes back to pretty much 0 and that will be different for everyone.

I feel pregnant 3 months after the m/c after it took about 10 months to fall the first time. I credit that to acupuncture for getting my cycle back under control.

~Gracie'sMummy~ is offline There is no footprint so small that it doesn't leave an imprint on this world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mummy2MissA - I have a m/c at 5wk3d on 8/8 and i ovulated 15 days later as per a normal cycle. I have read a lot that the cycle after a m/c you are highly fertile so that you get a BFP this month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. Yeah it's been hard I haven't felt much like going out of the house since it happened and I wake up every morning and 'remember' I'm not pregnant anymore and it feels bit sad. But I know that slowly it's getting easier.

My husband goes away for a week when I'll be cd19 so hopefully we'll be okay this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Give yourself time. I couldn't leave the house for a week and just felt so devastated. I was fragile for a few weeks and it took a couple of months before I could talk about it without crying. I saw a psychologist to talk through it and that really helped.

If you're ready to try again straight away that's fine, go with what feels right.

I hope you get some good news soon and enjoy a long and healthy pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your MC. I had a MC at 4w3d. We waited one cycle before trying again. Ovulation was normal, around Cd14, and we fell pregnant straight away. I'm now 5w3d, extremely nervous but feeling good about it. I hope it happens just as easily for u too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brrrmmm View Post
    Sorry to hear about your MC. I had a MC at 4w3d. We waited one cycle before trying again. Ovulation was normal, around Cd14, and we fell pregnant straight away. I'm now 5w3d, extremely nervous but feeling good about it. I hope it happens just as easily for u too
    ^Congrats on your pregnancy. I am sure but I really really hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you

I hope that I can fall pregnant quickly again. I feel like being pregnant again is the only way I can get over this (if that makes any sense)? I think a part of me feels like I failed/it's my fault..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. After my 2nd early miscarriage (natural this time) I ovulated 3 weeks later as per my usual long cycle and fell pregnant again straight away so it can happen as per normal. Good luck with another BFP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband said I can go away with him (he's going away for work) - I'm wondering whether I should, just so we can bd.. is that crazy?!

~Gracie'sMummy~ is offline There is no footprint so small that it doesn't leave an imprint on this world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Might be a good chance just to get away from it all and enjoy some romantic time together... why not! Enjoy!