+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sharing weight loss tips.

Would love to hear weight loss tips.. Small simple changes we could all incorporate into our busy lives. Eg: Low-fat/ no fat options, recipes, easy & fast exercises tips.
    Theres so much info out therefore hard to know what works and what doesn't. Please share your experience with me xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For ME, low carb is the only way I lose weight and I feel fantastic when I'm on it. I don't believe our bodies were designed to consume the amount of carbohydrate (Inc sugar) as we do. Keep up the protein and vegies with limited fruit. I pretty much live on eggs

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't eat meat or eggs so mostly I eat veggies but I find myself craving sweet savoury so often I'm making bad choices just to stop that 'yearning' feeling.
    Does low carb exclude breads, sugar, cheese, milk? How does high protein low carb affect ur energy levels if at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    running!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    *slackers warning* my weight gain is caused by my craving for sweet things 100%. My weight loss tip is take gymnema and chromium. Bye bye cravings, hello waist!

Ps i'm only a week in but haven't had one single craving or binge all week which is VERY unusual for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    do you find chromium really works? i have a bottle in my draw i havent touched it haha!!!!! im going to overdose ont he stuff tomorrow hahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My Tips

* water, water, water (atleast 2 ltrs) without it is very hard to lose weight.

* portion control (for me this was the hardest, now thanks to sleeve i don't even think about)

* protien first and most.

* low carbs

* exercise

Don't make diet so restrictive that you can't stay on it. If you want treat, allow your self some but stick to 3 bites only.

# disclaimer I do have a sleeve and helps me a lot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

scarymarygoldfish (16-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I joined a great exercise group about 6 weeks ago and the instructor just about kills us every class, twice a week. It is great motivation to eat well -- I know how hard it is to work off even the smallest of treats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just aim to make a better choice with everything I eat.

For example, if I am making a sandwich and want to put butter on it, I make a better choice and put margarine on instead.

If I am craving a mid morning snack of banana bread, I make a better choice and have a slice of vegemite toast instead.

If we are having a pasta bake for dinner which is usually heavily topped with cheese, I make a better choice and use light cheese and only put half on.

That way I never feel as if I am depriving myself of anything, and I still feel good about myself.

I also don't really eat foods that are out of packets or baked goods (cakes, biscuits, chips etc.). I would struggle to find where I would fit these things into my diet anyway, so it seems pointless to buy/make them.

I don't know if these tips help with weightloss, but they certainly help long-term to maintain my weight.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are a few things that have been working well for me, I have lost 10kg in 9weeks, still need to lose another 10. And prior to DS2 I lost 25kg using the same methods.

-Lemon water in the morning, before I eat or drink anything else, I have a glass of warm water with freshly squeezed lemon, and drink 2-3 glasses of cold water with lemon slices in it. It has helped speed my metabolism up dramtically, it also helps eliminate toxins, clean internal waste and gives me heaps of enegry!

-Cutting out Carbs, Refined sugar, Alcohol, Caffiene and Processed foods. Don't get me wrong, I will still have these things on occasion, but most of my meals are cooked from scratch, which has not only helped assist in weightloss it has also cut my grocery bill in half. Carbs have been replaced with protein, I still struggle with carbs as it is my main weakness but the amount I have cut out is ver significant. I read labels and have done my research, anything with more then 10g sugar per serve doesn't go in me, I do have occasional treats, but am much more concious about it.

-Portion sizes are anothe huge factor. I have brought myself much smaller plates that I use for my meals, means I can't fit half as much on as I used to, the amount I used to eat was shocking!

-Exercise, When losing weight you need to be burning more then your calorie intake. I have found running the best exercise to help shed weight, The first month I started to lose weight I was only doing light cardio such as walking, and I was doing alot of classes. I am now running atleast 3 times a week and the weight is dropping off even quicker.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post: