+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Prams...how long did you use yours?

I am pregnant with #2, due end Nov, and have a 1yr old DD. I am looking at buying a side by side double pram but am not sure how long I will use it...therefore not sure how much I should spend...
    I spent about $350 on my single pram for DD only a year ago but will probably sell that and get a umbrella stroller for when I take out only 1 child.

I was wondering how long everyone else used their prams?

Also I am tossing up between the Mountain Buggy Duo and the Baby Jogger Mini City Double. Any comments on either?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    DS was in his regularly until he turned 3, then the use tapered off gradually from there. He's now nearly 4.5 and never ever uses it. Which is great because I can use his single seat Mountain Buggy for the new baby due Oct 1st.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS#1 is 3 in November and I still use the pram with him. I recently ditched my Phil & Teds for a BJ City Select and I can't say a bad word about it. My DS#2 is 10 months old so and I'm due in Feb so I'm sure I will get plenty of use out of it.

I don't always use the pram as a double if we are going to the park or smiliar DS#1 is happy to walk but if we go to the shops or a market etc he wouldn't want to walk and I wouldn't trust him to walk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS outgrew his pram when he was about 13 months old. So I bought a cheap stroller and I hardly even use that anymore. He's either walking on a lead or in a shopping trolley

Thanks
    Reviews
    dd1 was 4ish and would still sit on the front foot plate(mountain buggy double)when we'd walk to school etc but would walk at shops..
    dd2 was 3ish
    dd3 would still happily sit in one now at 4yrs lol and always jumps in the trolley food shopping!!
    ds hated the pram and hasnt been in one since he turned 2. i'd try but he'd whinge and carry on.. just not worth the stress! so now at 2.5yrs he walks everywhere or rides his bike to school etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD didn't need or want pram after about 2.8 years.
    DS still needs it at 19 months basically cos he's a runner and it would take me hours to get my shopping done if he walked. I'm hoping he will be happy to stand on the buggy board when number three arrives when DS is 24 months.

On the baby jogger citi mini double.... My friend has one and I've pushed it lots around the shops, I would love one!!! Great pram easy to push and still lighter than a single pram I used to have!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're rarely using our pram now & DS has only recently turned 2! I used to use it all the time for walks to the playground, but he prefers to ride his trike now. If we're at the supermarket he rides in the trolley for a while, until he gets over it & wants to push it instead of ride in it! The only other time we use the pram is if we're going to the shops, but he barely sits still in it for long, unless he has chippies of course

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Jasper is 33 months and uses the pram most days.

But I don't drive. So it's my only mode of transport. I expect to still have him sit in the pram occasionally on longer walks until he's 3.5 or so maybe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 was in her pram until she was about 2yo - that was a Steelcraft Acclaim four wheeler. Then I moved on to an unbrella-type stroller because I found it much easier to use and took up less space in the boot of my car. She quite happily sat in that until she was about 4yo.
    DD2 is 2yo and is still using her pram - a Valco Runabout 3-wheeler. Sometimes we use the umbrella stroller. I bought a skateboard attachement for the Valco pram for DD1 to use and is been great when we're out and about and she gets tired from walking - DD1 is 6yo though, so I don't think it would be as good for a 1yo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My son will be 3 next month and I still use our strider for longer trips. I wouldn't manage without it.