+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Due Dates different between birth centre and doctor

i first started seeing my doctor through out pregnancy and only recently got told i could go through a birth centre and was accepted there. had my first appointment today and it seems that for some reason the birth centre are saying my due date is 3/1/2012 and the doctor said its 27/12/2011. there is around a weeks difference and as its my 3rd bub and i was way over due with other my other 2 bubs im worried that they will go with 3/1/2012 and then induce me which would mean i would 1.5week over the 42wks........ what do i do? as all scans say 27/12 not 3/1

Thanks
    Reviews
    1) I'd question the birth centre how they came up with that due date.
    2) It's only an estimated date (unless you know the exact date you conceived... and even then there's probably other factors that will also influence when your bub makes his/her entrance into the world).
    3) I don't know how "late" your other bubs were, but do you really believe that you'd get to 43 and half weeks without bub arriving? (I know women do, but are you one of those women?)
    4) Unless you're like me and tell the doctors to bugger off (apart from basic antenatal checks) and decline most of the routine testing, I'm sure they'll be keeping an eye on bub's progress and if something seems different (if dates don't match, etc), they'll act on it then.

Basically... apart from asking the first question, I wouldn't get too stressed about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We were told that dating via ultrasound can be out by up to a week, so even though in some ultrasounds our bub shows a week behind, we should keep the original birth date that we arrived out by out via knowing date of conception and meshing that the estimated delivery from the first U/S.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would prefer to go with the later date, so you don't get pressure to induce early.

Ask them how they calculated the two dates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A birth centre wont induce you, if you dont want to be induced, say no or dont turn up till your in labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    But the Ob can say you are too far 'overdue' and transfer you out of the birth centre.