+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HELP!! Incredible back pain at night...

Hi,

I am 24 1/2 weeks pregnant and have the worst back pain I have ever experienced! Its not so bad during the day, just a dull ache really. But at night when I finally get to sit down and relax it starts getting really bad. Its in my lower back at the base of my spine, known to spread right accross to both sides.

Also during the night when I wake for the loo or DD crying, I cant get up- its too painful to move. It feels like a nerve is being pinched or something. I get stuck where I am (sometimes I have got into a sitting position before this happens) and start crying, have to get DP to help me. When that happens I just take it slowly and eventually get up (took 30mins last night) but can hardly walk. Its usually on one side but this time.

Any advice/suggestions/remedies or can someone tell me what may be going on?? Please help, my back is killing me !!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like sciatica! Do you have access to a Physio? They might be able to help you out & give you some stretches to do to help. Heat packs might help too!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lateralus For This Useful Post:

KandBs Mumma  (09-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am googling some in our area atm. Hard to find one close by that does pregnant women... looking at massage also.
    I cant belive how bad it is!! I didnt get it with DD, only her sitting on a nerve at around 35 weeks-then she came 2 weeks later...
    it doesnt happen tonight poor DP freaked out when I was sitting on the side of the bed crying in pain. Thought it was all go... atleast he is ready for when it does happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had bad sciatica with DD., worse at night/ first think in the morning too. I remember the Physio said to try not to sleep in the fetal position with legs and hips bent up, but to try to sleep on my side in a straight line and this seemed to help! Needed a lot of pillows to prop myself up though! And heat packs on my hips/ buttocks when I went to bed seemed to help too! Good luck!