+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If DH did that I'd be SO upset. I'd give him two choices. Leave or take parenting classes.

I hope he realises what he's done and works his ar$e of to gain your trust back.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissPoss For This Useful Post:

MrsTwith3  (07-08-2011),mummaof4  (07-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What the....?!

What was he thinking??

I don't know how you should deal with this but a serious discussion is the first step, yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That is a really dumb thing to do!
    But he is a man,and I dont think they have the same instincts we do.Once when I was at work,my DH took our 2yo and walked down to feed the ducks(3 min walk from our house) and my 5yo refused to go so DH left him home alone for 20mins or soHe was fine,just played playstation and didnt even care he was left alone.
    I on the other hand was FURIOUS!! I said to DH,what if someone broke in?or knocked on the door?or there was a fire? and DH was like "oh,I didnt really think of that" I think he honestly didnt think of the consequences until I pointed it out.BUT if he had left our 2yo home alone,I would kill him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurenk View Post
    I'm still in shock and I don't know how I didn't yell and loose my sh*t. I suppose I know that he tunes out when I yell and I wanted to scare him by being icily cool and calm.

If something were to have happened to my ds I would never have forgiven him and our marriage would be over.

The other issue is I can't trust him now so I'm basically signing my freedom away. I should be able to leave my children with their dad and be totally 100% confident with his ability and know my babies are safe.

Feel so emotional and at a loss about our entire future.
    This is what you need to tell him. You need to tell him that you have now lost confidence in his parenting abilities, that you feel so lost about your entire future together, that if something had happened you would never have forgiven him and then ask him if he would ever have forgiven himself? Same with your DD...I'm sure you'll find on the net the statistics that show that most car accidents are within a few kms of home.
    He put both your children's lives in jeapordy today. If he can't see just how massive a mistake he made then I would leave and I would be making sure that his visits with the kids were supervised.
    I really hope he realises how completely irresponsible this way and is feeling truly awful for it

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (07-08-2011),kimbo  (07-08-2011),River Song  (07-08-2011),trishalishous  (08-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I just am totally lost for words!!!!

What on earth was going through his head?!

The only saving grace in this whole scenario is both your DD and DS are ok!!!!!!!

I think your DH needs to understand the severity of what could have happened and no 'nothing did' is good enough!! He needs to really, really 'get it'

TBH it would take me a long time to trust him to look after them on his own again!!

Big hugs OP I can't begin to think how you must be feeling xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I would have been as calm as you!! Good luck and big hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think both things are equally as scary. I wouldn't know where to start. You really need to drill into him what could have happened to either child! What he did was so totally irresponsible it beggars belief. Showing him this thread and how horrified everyone is might be a good start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Lauren
    I don't think you need to sign your life away. He's a big boy and even if he showed poor judgment this time, it is possible for a mature person to learn from their mistakes. He just needs to think before he does crap like this: what if the house caught fire, what if the child wakes and needs someone? It's not rocket science - it's just plain common sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 2-year-old and shudder to think of the kind of trouble she could get into if left home alone (a lot!) I would be furious.

It's such a shame you don't feel like you can rely on him now, especially since you are pregnant and it's probably the time when you want to be able to have him help out a bit more to give you a break.

Have you spoken about it again? Hopefully from now on he might think about the consequences seriously...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg how irresponsible!! I don't know how you managed to stay calm!

And considering he stopped and brought ice cream it's not like he was even in a rush to get back!!

So glad your DS slept through it so he didn't wake up scared when he realized he was all alone