+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My husband left my 2 yr old son home alone!!!!!

Hi everyone,
    I'm writing because I'm truly at a loss about what to do with this.

I went out today with my two sisters for coffee and to look at antique shops. I left my husband at home with dd 4 and ds 2 who were both fast asleep when I left.

My husband msgd me saying "we're all home safely, where r the booster seats" I said "what do u mean" he didn't write back.

Anyway I got home and asked my daughter if she had a nice sleep and what did she do when mummy was out, to which she replied "I went in daddy's monster truck (what we call his ute) and had an ice cream" I knew he had to drop a DVD player to a lady a few minutes up the road but assumed he would do that upon my return (I did have my car in garage with baby seats in it as I went in my sisters car but he assumed I took my car) so firstly I thought holy cr*p he took my children in his car without proper child restraints. First issue. Then I find out he took dd without a child restraint and LEFT OUR 2yo DS HOME ALONE!

This trip would have taken about 10-15 mins in total (there and back) which is so not the point. I confronted him, didn't yell just asked him if he felt that was wrong but did it anyway or felt it was totally ok or simply didn't care. He was very sheepish and hardly had a word to say then said "I know its wrong but I don't know what to say" I said "well u better think of something to say" ive left it at that until I get some proper advise about how to proceed with this.

I'm feeling so stressed and have been having Braxton hicks all afternoon (only 20 weeks and not painful) but I swear its the stress causing these.

Help me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yea , i really dunno what to say to that !!

Id be super super cranky !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did he know/remember the 2 year old was home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes he knew ds was home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! That's just totally unacceptable IMO and I would be v v angry!! Was your DS asleep? Not the point as it's still wrong, but I hope he was safe in his cot! GBH hun, I hope it never happens again! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be so upset Tell him all the real life scenarios. A fire, a burglar, what if he had of woken up just as he left? What If they had of been in an accident? And without a proper restraint?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TurnedBatty For This Useful Post:

mummaof4  (07-08-2011),Shanaynay  (07-08-2011),trishalishous  (07-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds was asleep but can get out of his cot. It makes my skin crawl to think of what could have gone wrong. The problem is I dont know if he will ever really understand the true ramifications. He knows we have serious further discussion to take place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ask him how a 2yo is supposed to deal with a house fire or an intruder? How would he feel if anything had happened? Or how would he feel if his son woke and was scared because he couldn't find anyone home?

Apart from the fact that I'm sure it's illegal to do this. I was cross enough when my dad left my 9yo and 6yo home alone while he made the 5 minute round trip to pick my mum up from the bus stop (don't worry, mum let him have it ), this situation is much worse. Mainly because HE KNEW IT WAS WRONG and then he went ahead and did it anyway.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. That's really irresponsible! AND so hard on you!

My DH isn't much better. I was running late home from work one day(he had to go to work) He rang 'where are you'. I said 'down the road/10mins away(traffic)'

I got home to find he'd left!!! And our 9mnth old DD AWAKE and roaming the house alone.

I rang him and told him if he ever left her alone unsupervised ever again I swear I will leave and he will never see either of us ever again (a bit dramatic I know but I was ropeable)

Don't know how I'd feel about a 10mindrive if she was asleep. I'd probably be more mad about the older unrestrained child in the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe I'm an unfair cow but if I had a partner and he ever did that, I'd be out the door with my kids faster than he could blink..

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue&Pink For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (07-08-2011),MrsTwith3  (07-08-2011),trishalishous  (07-08-2011)