+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    so that time of year again!!

setting up our old train carriage as the serial killer's lair with body parts, weapons, blood and gore. perhaps even a real pigs head for effect.

i have my graveyard (a new gothic wrought iron entrance and all) organised, a separate playground for the little kids with just some fun ghosts and pumpkins.

a new display with an antique iron cot, some really spooky handmade porcelain dolls that are gothic and scary.
    picked out my jack-o-lantern ides (dias de los muertos sugar skull and a pumpkin scarecrow).

some more spiders for the outside bathroom/dunny which is transformed into the spiders lair (cobwebs, huge spiders everywhere)

and a bottle collection with insects, glow in the dark labels.

plus the usual big zombie and his coffin, the hanging ghouls and a new animatronic gargoyle.

tortillas, carnitas and barbacoa (mexican slow pulled pork and beef) and my zombie cheerleader costume.

what is everyone else up to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow! I need you to come and decorate our house!

We're having a party, but I have to say our decorations aren't on the same scale as yours. We do the usual cobwebs/ skeletons/ blood splat type decorations. We have a smoke machine and some strobes, and a big TV on the deck that plays horror film trailers on loop. We sometimes nail masks to trees, which is always scary when I find one I forgot to take down months later!

I'm dressing as an evil Queen of Hearts, but not sure what DH is doing.

I've been planning some gruesome cakes, as well as cute cake pop pumpkins and meringue ghosts. And I've already stocked up on pumpkins to carve.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Halloween!!

So glad I found this thread!!! Im having a small party with about 10 people. Just starting to get few decorations and lollies etc from shops as I see them. Now to plan the menu!
    DD wants to go as scooby doo (thanks to our recent trip to movie world).
    My DD and my sisters (13 & 16) will go trick or treating later in the evening about 5 or so houses in our street get into it.

I cant wait!

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyrissa For This Useful Post:

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We arent doing anything this year DS is going to a Halloween party at a friends house from school but DS will be with his dad that weekend so he's taking him.

Halloweendee, take pics please. I would LOVE to see your set up. Totally jealous.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For those of you having parties, I saw something somewhere (might be back in this thread, cant remember or be bothered checking ) where you put a lacky band around a bunch of straws then fill them with jelly. When it sets, you run the straws under warm water and the jelly comes out and it looks like worms. Thought that was awesome and wanted to try it but havent.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    so that time of year again!!

setting up our old train carriage as the serial killer's lair with body parts, weapons, blood and gore. perhaps even a real pigs head for effect.

i have my graveyard (a new gothic wrought iron entrance and all) organised, a separate playground for the little kids with just some fun ghosts and pumpkins.

a new display with an antique iron cot, some really spooky handmade porcelain dolls that are gothic and scary.
    picked out my jack-o-lantern ides (dias de los muertos sugar skull and a pumpkin scarecrow).

some more spiders for the outside bathroom/dunny which is transformed into the spiders lair (cobwebs, huge spiders everywhere)

and a bottle collection with insects, glow in the dark labels.

plus the usual big zombie and his coffin, the hanging ghouls and a new animatronic gargoyle.

tortillas, carnitas and barbacoa (mexican slow pulled pork and beef) and my zombie cheerleader costume.

what is everyone else up to?
    I want to come to your party! Sounds amazing!

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyrissa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    my next investment will be a smoke machine girl x, i've been wanting one for years!!!
    i saw the jelly worms on pinterest too - was going to make them then settled on the worms in dirt instead (easier with a 1yo underfoot!)
    will take pics for sure this year

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    my next investment will be a smoke machine girl x, i've been wanting one for years!!!
    i saw the jelly worms on pinterest too - was going to make them then settled on the worms in dirt instead (easier with a 1yo underfoot!)
    will take pics for sure this year
    They had small smoke machines at aldi a couple of days ago... Can't remember the exact price but i remember thinking it was pretty cheap

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tatia&shura For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I want all your decorations halloweendee.
    Ive always done the house up since I was a lil kid. I've always love this time.
    I always get compliments from the kids like "omg your house is soo cool". Oh I live in a street full of elderly people in my Dp family home. So needless to say not many people in my area do it. But the kids love it, I love so I'll keep doing it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LilNightmare For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

2 more sleeps...

Still going through websites for ideas!
    Food shopping tomorrow for the party and if i get home early enough from work/shopping we will put up some of the decorations.