+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Teething relief for 3 month old

Hi all, just wondering if someone with more experience than me has some advice re relief for teething in an under 3 month old? I have an amber bracelet ordered that shouldn't be far off, I bought some bonjella but then read on the pack when I got it home that it's not for those under 4 months (the chemist own brand with same amount of active says not for under 6 months). DS had his first signs of teething this week (11 weeks), fingers crossed we won't see any more symptoms until he's 4 months but I thought i'd better get prepared

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got some stuff from the chemist... its called natural teething relief, I think the brand is Brauer or something like that? Its in a white and purple box. Can be used in babies under 6 months its just a smaller dose for them. Works great for us and ds loves the taste and I find it much better than giving panadol all the time or bonjella whicn doesn't do much for him. Amber has helped us a lot too. I hope you find something that works

Sent from my GT540 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    When you say he has first signs of teething are you talking about drooling and hands in mouth? If so this does not mean your baby is teething, it can do but majority of babies at that age it is just the normal thing. They learn by putting there hands in there mouth and drooling just comes with that.

My DD drooled and hands in mouth for many months before an actual tooth appeared. So unless you know for sure it is teething and you can feel it is raised and swollen and then a point is starting to come out. I wouldnt give them pain relief otherwise you will find you will be giving it for many months until a tooth actually arrives.

It is great you ordered the teething braclet, that hopefully will help for when the teeth do actually start to cut.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your answer yes true that he was shoving his fists into his mouth and droolng everywhere - i'm not 100% on it being teething but when I rub my finger over his gums you can feel 'something'in there. He was also very grumpy and clingy, not his usual happy sunny self. I'm not one for dosing up bubs for no reason either hence the purchase of the amber. Thanks for your advice!