I am hoping to get some tips from working mums who are breastfeeding
1. How did you transition from the breast to bottle of expressed milk?
2. When did you introduce EBM to your baby? and How?
3. How do you ensure the supply of your milk for feeding your baby while you are at work?
4. When and how soon do you have to start sticking up the milk before you start work?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
20-07-2011 17:44 #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Upper Coomera
Breastfeeding and working - How To?
20-07-2011 19:56 #2
1 & 2. Introduced bottle of EBM at about 6 weeks (early, but not before BFing established)
3. Expressed at normal feed times. I would pack my breast pump in a cold pack with ice brick and take it to work. Leave your EBM in the cooler bag, it will be fine and no-one will use it for their coffee
4. Depends how good you are at expressing. It would take me at least a couple of days expressing to have enough EBM for one day at work. I expressed at night most nights as well, as my babies slept from about 6pm and wouldn't wake until 2am.
23-11-2012 05:59 #3
Re: Breastfeeding and working - How To?
I'm a mum who works ft and bf and was wondering if you had any tips for matching my baby as she weans. She loves eating so is bf less and less. I have dropped to 2 expressing sessions at work and would appreciate any advice!
Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
By qldbaby in forum Breastfeeding SupportReplies: 14Last Post: 22-06-2013, 20:46
By BigRedV in forum General ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 09-07-2012, 10:12
By CamD in forum Working Hubbers - EmployedReplies: 7Last Post: 01-05-2012, 15:48
Cots on BubhubLooking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Early waking/routine help 17 month oldToddlers (1 year olds)
Largest bassinets on market?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
A - Z of baby girl namesGames & fun stuff
Awesome Mums of Autistic kids-how many of us are there (#3)????????Parents of Children with Special Needs
Nub gender guess for fun !Second Trimester Chat
Happiness thread.General Chat
Cyclone Debbie Support thread.General Chat