Just a quick one from my phone..
I did go to the ED, they took another BT and booked me a scan for tomorrow but she seemed pretty confident it's not ectopic
My hcg was 4546...I've been googling and it seems nice and high for 4w6d which is great... And as luck would have it, I've only had one mild cramp since leaving!!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 281 to 290 of 453
09-10-2011 19:42 #281
09-10-2011 20:45 #282
Just a quicky from my phone, I'm at work! Good luck tomorrow Lola!! I'm sending sticky baby vibes your way!!
RWS, geez sounds like you are having a rough trot! Glad the pains have settled down! My bt is at 7am so will miss you! Oh well another time. Are you having by at mercy in Heidelberg? Surely we can't have that much in common!!!!
10-10-2011 06:59 #283
Hehehe Shazie!! I was tossing up between Mercy and Northpark ..decided on NP simply because its only 5 minutes away!
I just popped into Mercy's ED because I haven't booked Northpark yet and they don't have an ED.
I'm feeling quite good today! Pains are quite mild..my sister seems to think half of it was related to me stressing myself out ...she may have been right.
I'll pop back in and let you know how the scan goes!
10-10-2011 07:40 #284
One is at 2 cell and the other at 1 cell. They're not recommending transfer, but I can go ahead if I want. Is there any point at all or would I just be torturing myself? Anyone got any ideas or ever heard of a 2 cell catching up?
10-10-2011 07:44 #285
Lola , sorry its not great news.
I don't know anything about cells and stuff like that.... personally I'd give it a go, but that's me. We tried everything against the odds, turns out the FS was right, but we wanted to try everything.
Good Luck with your decison xxx Hopefully the girls who are *in the know* pop on soon and can give you more knowledgeable advice
10-10-2011 08:29 #286Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
Wow Lola77 that is tough news. I really feel for you. Personally I would probably go with what the embryologist recommends. They are the ones that nurture our embies along. However in saying that, I have often wondered with my many embies that didnt survive, whether if they had just been in their natural environment maybe, just maybe they would have stood a chance. At the end of the day it is your decision and you need to do what you think is right for you and your family. What a tough day for you. Thinking of you and hope that you are ok xoxo
10-10-2011 10:25 #287
DH has spoken to FN, embryologist and stand-in FS. All think there is no point in transferring as they really haven't developed. Apparently the embryologist could see nothing to suggest a problem with the sperm or egg and no explanation of why it didn't work.
Nothing more to do. They'll watch them until day 5 anyway. The FS suggested there is some evidence that the numbers are better for a natural FET, so not to go ahead with the frostie now. Can't speak to my FS for 2 weeks about back to back cycles or whether there's any point in keeping trying.
DH thinks we should do a natural FET next cycle as if it doesnt work we won't have lost anything, as if it doesn't work, it never would have worked. I really don't know whether I want to lose that little bit of hope I get from having it there.
I know there are people in worse situations but I really just wanted this one to work so I could move on from the m/c. I hate the thought of this never working but also I'm not sure how to continue to function when I'm living and breathing IVF. At a loss as to where to go from here
10-10-2011 12:55 #288
Lola Im so sorry
I had my scan.. theres a perfect little sac there but its too early to see pole or HB yet... I knew that but I was secretly hoping I'd be special enough Apparently my corpus luteum is quite large and could be the source of my pain.
They have labelled me as 'threatened misscarriage' for now and ordered strict rest.
To be totally honest.. I don't feel too concerned at all! I feel really good today! Only mild cramps as mentioned earlier. Of course I'm a little nervous, but unless the cramp start getting bad or I bleed, Im happy to go with the flow
10-10-2011 14:21 #289
Lola - I'm so sorry to hear that the embryos aren't responding. That is so strange. Since they don't think it's the sperm or the eggs what else could it be? Were they mis-handled? I sure hope not. As far as whether or not to do a medicated FET or a natural FET, I'd say go with your gut. I'm gonna through something out for you to think about though. Since you just went through a frest cycle of IVF the meds primed your uterus so it's nice and thick and ready for an embryo. Additionally, your body created more follicles than a normal cycle which will help to create a larger amount of progesterone to support the pregnancy. For those reasons, if it were me, I'd strongly consider a transfer now. On the flip side, IVF is a lot more stressful than a natural FET so your stress level might be lower than it is right now and that might help with the success as well. I know you have a lot to think about in the next couple of days, just know that I'm thinking of you and wish you all the best.
RWS - So glad to hear that you now no for certain that the embryo is in a safe spot. And I'm glad that you're feeling better and more confident. Hopefully the worst of everything is over for you and you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your pregnancy.
11-10-2011 07:48 #290
ShazieB- I can only imagine how all-consuming thoughts of the new bub would be! Well done for breaking the goods to your DS and family, it must be great to feel that level of confidence before 12 wks.
OBD- nice work on avoiding the HPTs! I'm with you, not doing them this cycle. They mess with your head so much regardless of the result. Only 3 days left, you're almost there!
Forever- so sorry to hear that cyst is being persistent and has left you in limbo. Fingers crossed that AF and the different BCP do the trick . How bizarre you're having your sono on the 27th again!
RWS- Fantastic news that your sac is in the right place!
Bronte- Hope you're hanging in there OK and the flu is making its exit. So close to your BT now
Lola- I think it was wise to grow your embies the extra 2 days. Here's hoping they're dividing like crazy on this 'rest' day for them, and you'll have at least one compacting by tomorrow
AFM- We went into the clinic yesterday expecting a single transfer, but the embryologist ended up thawing both our frosties because the first one only had 70% cell survival. The second was doing better at 80% survival, so that's the one they were going to transfer. When they said the first one would be discarded, we opted to transfer both. No more in the freezer now, so we'll be doing Stim #3 if this doesn't work. On the plus side I'm PUPO with 2 blasties . BT on Fri 21/10.
By Hunkamunka in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 9Last Post: 23-07-2012, 12:40
By babybloom in forum Birth Trauma SupportReplies: 7Last Post: 02-05-2012, 13:49
By 2ndtimemumma in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 06-02-2012, 10:19
Tags for this Thread
The Health Hub & Glowing ExpectationsGlowing Expectations is conveniently located at The Health Hub in Darlinghurst. We offer pre & post natal personal ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Pregnancy test recall!!!Conception & Fertility General Chat
IUI - first time fertility treatmentNon-IVF fertility assistance
IVF babies due June/July/August 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Lite & Easy ???Second Trimester Chat
A - Z of baby girl namesGames & fun stuff
Happiness thread.General Chat
A - Z of Baby Boy NamesGames & fun stuff