+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default advice please - chemical pregnancy

Hey Girls

Well I need some advice.

Background is that I had a faint positive hpt last Wednesday morning and Thursday morning but they never got any darker. Thursday afternoon I started spotting and by Friday I was bleeding heavily. I assume chemical pregnancy. I had heavy bleeding over the weekend - very dark and i felt heavy and yuck for a day or so. It tapered off by Tuesday and I finished spotting yesterday.

Anyway, I am still getting twinges in my ovaries and my cervix is still very soft and seems to be closed although low at the moment.

I thought I would do a hpt tonight as I have my appointment with the miscarriage clinic tomorrow and wanted to see it back to a BFN. Problem is that I am still getting faint BFP which is actually slightly darker than last weeks but still very faint.

Freaking out - has anyone had this happen and have any advice? If I was to have a 28 day cycle I would have been due for my period on Monday but my cycles have been 26 - 27 days.

Is it chemical or is it possibly ectopic?
    Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't have any clue, but I hope there's some good news for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi angelbubswithwings,

Sorry if this advice is a bit late, I just saw the thread now.

What kind of HPT are you using?

Last cycle I had a chemical pregnancy. I started bleeding on a Tuesday (heavy like a normal period) then on Friday I still had a BFP. I only tested because my temps were still high, it confused me.

A blood test on the Saturday confirmed my beta HCG was less than 5, so the pregnancy was officially over. However, the FRER test I used was so sensitive that it picked up the residual HCG. And the progesterone in my system kept my BBT above the coverline even though I was having AF.

It's all so unfair and confusing. How did you go with the miscarriage clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hey

Thanks for your reply mattsmel - any advice is better late than never

Well the night before my appointment i still had a faint positive on a first response but when I went to the clinic the next day they did a hcg blood test and had the response within an hour (don't ever let them tell you that it takes 48.. ha) and my level was 2 which is considered normal as apparantly you can have some hcg in your system.

Anyway, I was quite relieved because I thought maybe it was ectopic but now my cycle has resumed to normal and I am pretty sure that I o'd yesterday so today is 1DPO.

Lesson learnt is that I am never testing early again

Totally sucks but on and up and hopefully a better result next month!

Good luck - I hope your bfp isn't far away

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad that it all ended naturally with no ectopic...and now you are 1DPO! FX for you this cycle, I hope you get your BFP!

Wow, that's great about a 1 hour turnaround with the blood test, I will use that information next time lol.

Last cycle I was just like you, I swore I would never test early again. Funny thing is, I got my BFP at 16DPO, so I was technically already late. This cycle, I have already tested and I'm only 11DPO! Hopefully you can hold out longer than I did

Best of luck with it x