+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help! Travel system carseat to pram - useful or unnecessary?

We didn't get one with DS, but as this bub will be our second I'm thinking it may be helpful to be able to lift sleeping bub out of the car and click him into the pram and vice versa, even if it is just for those first three or four months. We're also planning a third child (possibly fourth) so it would get used again...

It *is* very expensive though (at least the one we're getting as we need it to fit the baby jogger), and I'm unsure if it would still be worth it if I needed a c-sec this time (trying for a VBAC). Am also flashing back to DS who hated his carseat until he was forward facing... wondering if that's more or less likely in a capsule?

Help?! Any experiences or advice??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one with my firstborn. A steelcraft terrain 3 wheeler which was able to accomodate the safe and sound unity capsule. It was brilliant and I used it a lot for the first 6 months as she would often fall asleep in the car.

With DD2 I bought a Valco Twin Runabout which also takes the unity capsule. I got a fair bit of use out of it, DD1 was only 18 months so needed to be in the pram and it was just easier to keep the new bub in the capsule.

So for me it was worthwhile. If I hadn't been able to get my double pram so cheap on ebay ($220 as opposed to $700 new) I wouldn't have worried as I also wear my babies in a sling quite a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have BJCS and the S&S Unity, the capsule was really handy especially if we went to playdates as she could sleep without setting up portacot also for daycare pickups and running around shops. Was worried about short use but it was really hand in the early days with a little hudini toddler, more than once I sat capsule on ground and ran after DD1 knowing DD2 was safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You would not regret it! Especially as you are planning more kids.
    It's just great being able to not wake bub when needing to go somewhere.

Try buying one on eBay... If you need to save dollars. They often have only been used for one child and only for a few months anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had the babylove travel system and it was soooo good. DS has outgrown the capsule now and it really sucks having to wake him up or sit in the car with him till he wakes if he falls asleep driving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a capsule and just put it in a trolley (too cheap to fork out on a travel system as I have a P&T pram for my two (2 months and 16 months)).

It's definitely worth it if you know you want more. I like the look of the strider plus travel system, especially if you're going to have 2 in a pram, but no personal experience with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The best! It's so good not to have to wake bubs up every time you need to go into a shop! My advise is make sure you get a pram that has all the other features you want not just the travel system part of it. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, it's hard to know when you haven't used one before. I just figured that with DS we had the luxury of driving longer if he'd just fallen asleep in the car, or sitting in the car to not wake him but with bub no 2 and a three year old that will be a wee bit harder

Oneforme - How did you find the S&S Unity went with the BJCS? The ladies at the baby shop told me that the Maxi cosi was the only one that clicked in to that pram, and that the S&S Unity and Peg Perego both needed to be attached "in a really complicated non secure way with bars". But I'm not as much of a fan of the Maxi cosi as I am the others... would love to know how you went with it?
    Last edited by CluckySC; 30-06-2011 at 21:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not necessary but definitely made life much easier when my second arrived and so wish I'd had one with DS (but in my naivity he was just going to have to learn to resettle if we woke him getting in/out of the car!) . I used the SNS unity capsule with the steelcraft profile stroller as it was the cheapest travel system option I could find. The stroller was very basic but affordable ($180ish), lightweight and easy to use and I have no complaints.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 4 week old and 11 year old and I'm in LOVE with my silver strider plus with car capsual attachment... school runs are easy as now if bub is due to have a sleep I put her in and off we go without the disruptions she stays asleep it's even great for quick trips because it has a carry handle too so you don't always need the pram... its great for winter I can strap bubby into carseat indoors if its pouring down and its got a 2nd seat attachment for toddlers too

I love it and paid about $1000 4 months ago for the lot, I'v only had it 4 weeks and so glad we have it. I think its money well spent already and we plan to have more babies so will def get our $$$ worth.

Its so smooth and easy to push and folds up easy too