+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha nice! I secretly watch Wifeswap all the time and think 'oh when I have kids i'm going to use that discipline or do things that way' I love the paddlepop sticks in a jar and trade them for money idea hahah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be sent to a super neat, tidy and organised household - where they do the dishes EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, the mother is the "housewife" who is expected to raise the children AND keep the house sparkling and spotless, and the children are not allowed to sit on the expensive lounge. Haha.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~ElectricPink~ For This Useful Post:

naebie  (20-06-2011),shelle65  (16-06-2011),twotrunks  (16-06-2011)

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    vegan or vego
    obsessively clean
    limited use of technology
    loud, frequent swearing
    excessive drinking, smoking inside
    either fully self sufficient or totally reliant on packaged stuff and producing lots of garbage
    detached parenting
    total focus and push on academic achievement rather than development of the individual
    just *expecting* the children to do things without encouraging or praising them, and, worse, forcing them or swearing at them when they don't.
    gender stereotyping
    male-dominated heirarchy. ugh.

yeah that kind of stuff. any combination of the above (because i know some of those clash lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I LOVE wife swap!!! Its so trashy it's good!!

I would be sent to someones house who does not care about cleaning or neatness, doesn't drink and who's husband isn't involved with playing with or helping do things with the kids.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think it is hilarious that people are putting vegan and 'dirty' in the sentence.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

naebie  (20-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    BA ha ha great thread. I would be send to a home with really over protective parenting where they walk their kids to school in one of those "walking busses" and they supervise all their kids play dates. Oh yeah and their kids have mobile tracking devices and aren't allowed to play in the yard on their own. And they eat only preservative free everything and no colourings or anything remotely like hot chips. That alone would make me sad. And they don't let their children watch television because of all the awful evil sexual innuendo! Particularly home and away. I can just imagine it now. Scary scary scary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    I would be sent to a super neat, tidy and organised household - where they do the dishes EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, the mother is the "housewife" who is expected to raise the children AND keep the house sparkling and spotless, and the children are not allowed to sit on the expensive lounge. Haha.
    Oh yeah I remember those houses growing up! The mum was always super stressed just thinking about dirty children in the "good lounge".

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i would be sent to an outer suburb where everyone has their own bathroom with a spa and playroom with a plasma screen, the aircon is on constantly and the washing machine is always running with one or two handtowels. Both parents drive SUVs, the kids go to private school and each do 3 structured activities a night which Mum drives them all too and videos each session to study to see where they went wrong. None of the kids have played on their own in their lives and none have spent a second without their parents breathing down their neck- their are even surveillance cameras in their bedrooms and they are all microchipped.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (16-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I think it is hilarious that people are putting vegan and 'dirty' in the sentence.
    yeah I thought that. But then every episode of wife swap about vegan families makes them look like they are hoarders who don't clean or tidy. It is trash TV though, hopefully nobody takes it seriously

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always thought vegans where really clean ppl actually. I can imagine them scrubbing the toilet with vinegar.. Lol
    I would probably get sent to a messy house with one of those slob husbands.