+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What's your experience with acupuncture for MFI?

Hi ladies. Last night we visited an acupuncturist which has been highly recommended to us. She felt dh's pulse, hands and looked at his tongue and said straight away "your too hot and you get vivid dreams". I was shocked. This is spot on with him. He never complains that he feels too warm but he does seem to be hotter than most people to the point where he often wakes up with a damp pillow from sweating on it. Her first thoughts were that his high body temp is causing issues with the sperm. Again which stands to reason, cos the first thing anyone will tell you when ttc is to ensure the male wears loose underwear to keep the testes cool. I was very skeptical about acupuncture prior to last night, but now I am thinking maybe it might just do some good. We are scheduled for icsi again in august and can't do anything ivf wise in the meantime due to fs being on holidays so we are going to give acupuncture a shot for June/July and see what happens. I'd love to hear from anyone else that had tried acupuncture and had success. Even if it just helps the sperm quality and quantity, that would be wonderful...even better if we fell pregnant naturally but not getting my hopes too high on that one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Will keep an eye on this one, I went to acupuncturist a week before starting this cycle (I was away so couldn't go sooner) and she started with me as was a bit late to start with dh and he couldn't get in anyway due to work, but also has mfi, but we still saw a huge difference in our fert rates this cycle from 40% to 78%
    So it definately helped me, I also felt great this time around after my epu. If we need to do another cycle dh will go also and she said she has an extra supplement he can take also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole and Moo

I am watching this thread with interest to see if anyone has done it with success. We have just had a BFN this cycle and I have been pondering the next move. We have a few FETs hopefully yet, but I will be starting DH on acupuncture soon if it looks like we might need another stim cycle.

Are your DHs open to it? Mine wasn't keen on the naturopath so I am unsure as to how I will get him going to regular appointments!! Although the other day he said he thought there was merit in acupuncture (talking about me though!) so we shall see......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for replying ladies. It's worth a shot hey? Hoping the acupuncture will help you both for next cycle. Sorry to hear about your BFN kitty

Yeah my dh is absolutely for it. He will try anything and feels guilty that we go thru ivf cos of his MFI. What supplements are your dh's on??