ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    to all of those that have had a horrible childhood

My parents were great, i want to give my children the upbringing that i had.
    The only thing i would not do to my kids is that when my parents divorced they treated my sister and i like friends, venting to us about the other parent, telling us about cheating etc that we hadn't previously known about. All things my sister and i didn't need to know about as teenagers at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Scarlet Starlet; 28-07-2013 at 20:25.

DanceInTheRain is offline Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am not going to go into the many things my parents did that I would never ever ever do.

Teachers- I had a teacher call me a 'selfish pig' in year one because she thought I was the one behind another little girl's exclusion from our little friend group (I wasn't). I still remember her grabbing me and basically spitting it into my face.

In year 6 my teacher called me 'haughty' in front of the whole class because I was a really good speller. She thought that meant I was up myself?? I was one of the least popular kids there, I definitely wasn't up myself.

I had a math teacher in high school who just had it in for me! After many incidents, I was in her office so she could give me a good talking to so the power could go to her head I think lol, and I ended up standing up, telling her to f#%! off and walking out, and she never had a problem with me after that?? Lol.

DanceInTheRain is offline Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I want to add that this thread made me cry but also made me feel kinda nice...that I'm not alone. With the parent stuff. So thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was "belted" (as in, with a belt) once. Just once. Dad did it, I have a feeling Mum told him never again, and that was that. That scared the cr*p out me (I remember it, and was only about 5 at the time)... only time my parents did any sort of disciplining that I was truly terrified of. I won't do that to my child.

I'll also not tell my child off for crying. Dad did this. I dunno why. DD DOES get told off for crying, but more in a tantruming about nothing way... if she cries because she's hurt herself or upset about something worth being upset over (not throwing a tantrum and crying during that) then she's more than welcome to go for it.

My parents were pretty good. There's not much I am truly against that they did (well, we got taken to animal circuses, and DD won't be... but I don't think my parents were bad for taking me... it's just not something I agree with).

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I will not say tell my child I wasted the best years of my life raising them, I will not tell them I should have adopted them out, I will not tell them they're disappointments to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkie View Post
    I will not say tell my child I wasted the best years of my life raising them, I will not tell them I should have adopted them out, I will not tell them they're disappointments to me.
    Oh sweetheart