+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Interfere with ones personal life/decisions ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Needs to improve the look of my hand writing... What if i was going to be a dr! It would have been neat for a dr. It has onky inproved slightly lol

Sent from my iphone, excuse my mistakes, i have big thumbs.
    Me 26 + DH 25 baby eric 13/08/2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woah, some of these are really quite full on - good on you all for learning from mistakes of others (although I'm sure most people's parents do the best the can with what they have at the time).

My parents never got involved with school, they both worked full time and never came to one parent day, school assembly, etc. It's no big deal in the scheme of things but at the time I remember feeling really let down that everyone else's parents were there to watch their child sing/dance/whatever and mine weren't. So with my children I'll be saving up my sickies/leave days and make an effort to go to the really important things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Two things. I know my parents meant well but I always felt they were intentionally "different" just to embarrass me. Secondly, they were really big into their hippie lifestyle when I was young and I think it was kind of not kid friendly. I won't expose my children to endless drugs and parties, I won't get stoned and put on bob Dylan and lecture my children about life and think I am wise. I won't allow drugs to be normalised. Mostly yeah, just drug related. I was the first kid in high school who knew how to make a bong. My mum and dad were so "alternative" it was embarrassing too. They sent me to a private all girl school which was really posh but my mum would pick me up with a big floral op shop dress and hairy legs and underarms and my dad wore bright pink and yellow and weird hats. It killed me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was a messy kid, mum used pull everything out of my wardrobe and drawers and dump it in the middle of my room, I q wasn't allowed to leave my room again til I had put it all away neatly. I would sit in my room sobbing for days...i would Never do that!

I also had A lot of academic pressure, I hope to be supportive of my kids in whatever they want to do

I won't compare kids, or try and get them to compete

I won't have double standards,.my sis had her ears pierced when she was 7, but I want allowed til I was 12 as I wasn't responsible enough

I will talk to my kids about sex

I will not be negative

I could go on for years!

Sent from my LG-P500 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Anything my step mother did, she was abusive. Also (something my step mother did also) was keep us home from school or make us hours late most days just because she wanted us to clean the house, which was already spotless. She also made us go to different schools each year because teachers would find out about the abuse. It was hard to make new friends and try and fit in all the time. My kids won't be going through any of that. And if anything happens to me, I know I have ppl who will be there if they ever had a b!tch of a step mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mum used to use "things" to smack me with, egg flipper, wooden spoon.. even had phone book( big heavy one) thrown at me.. while ive been known to give mykids a smack on the bum id only ever use my hand.
    father used to make jokes about my weight etc he was just trying to be funny but really hurt.. id never do that to my kids now.
    washing mouth out with soap- wouldnt do that.
    my parents were too relaxed about my school work, never checked homework asked if i should be doing assignments etc and didnt care about my grades( so of course i was a slacker!).. im hoping to be a bit stricter on my kids with that.
    my parents dont give affection or compliments.. i overdose my kids on that stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoa some of these are full on. I'm so sorry to everyone whose parents hurt them so deliberately my life has certainly not been easy but I can not ever say it was clearly my parents fault. Our parents are meant to protect us, it makes me sad how many parents were so abusive and unkind

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippet View Post
    I will NEVER smoke in the car with the windows closed! I know that sounds like a given but I HATED that as a kid. When I complained I was called selfish - and smoking in the car with kids isn't selfish how???
    If we complained about our mum's smoking she's take a drag and blow it in our face...

I will never belittle my children
    I will never play favorites
    I will never make them my little maid
    I will parent my own children not make the older ones deal with the younger ones
    I will be there for them no matter what

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spoil my children(my brothers were spoilt not me).
    Accuse my daughter of having an affair with my partner when she 10 (yes my mum asked this as we were getting along and later found out my stepfather was watching me through the window when i showered)
    Never chose aman over my children.
    Never stay in an abusive relationship that makes my daughter become mum to her younger sibling and carer to the one beaten up.

I have so many it would take me yrs to write them all

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub