+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Destination suggestions in Australia.

DP and I were meant to be leaving on our honeymoon to Bali today but thanks to the useless Immigration Dept he had a major hassle with his passport and we have had to cancel.

So we were thinking of forgoing his passport for now and going somewhere in Australia We live in Perth so preferrably somewhere over the other side...we were thinking the Blue Mountains or the Whitsundays? Just for 6-7 nights.

Anyone got any info about those places or some other suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh and we were thinking of going during summer like November-ish, no kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What sort of stuff do you want to do?

I've found that the Blue Mountains can be a bit sleepy after a day or two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    heard the whitsundays are awesome but expensive I've always wanted to see the great barrier reef.

I'd also love to go to uluru etc

blue mountains I've been to and as a pp said not a lot to do there for a long period

there's lots to do on the gold coast ( not just theme parks )

love love love Melbourne but if your after a Beachy holiday not the best- but they have some great cultural stuff to do, awesome shopping, so mch good food ah I love Melbourne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Blue Mountains would be good for winter. For summer I like Port Douglas. I'd love to visit Uluru too but not for summer more like an August/September destination. There are heaps more places I want to see in Victoria but our 2 week holiday wasn't enough to see it all but you could always plan to visit a State then look at different activities within that State. Qld is a bit big but Tassie Vic NSW SA are good for that. Heaps to see and do within our country!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whitsundays look sooo beautiful.

We just want to relax, go out for lunch and dinner and explore...not so interested in shopping or theme parks, Id rather do all of that with the kids.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Come to Queensland. The Whitsundays is gorgeous and there lots of things to do - yachting around the islands, some relaxing on the beach, or swim up bar, snorkelling, scuba diving (unless you are up the duff by then , same as the swim up bar).

Some of the islands are expensive (Hayman) but others a less expensive and there are often some fantastic deals and you have time to look for a good deal.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 03-06-2011 at 10:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gold coast, sunshine coast, Byron bay are all beautiful! Hayman island Is stunning and very NOT kid friendly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cairns.

From Cairns you can visit the Great Barrier Reef, the Daintree, Port Douglas, the Atherton Tablelands (hot air ballooning over the Tablelands at sunrise is spectacular) and Kuranda (must do is the Kuranda Scenic Railway up to Kuranda, and then back down on the Skyrail).

Fantastic shopping and some of the best restaurants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Whitsundays look sooo beautiful.

We just want to relax, go out for lunch and dinner and explore...not so interested in shopping or theme parks, Id rather do all of that with the kids.
    This case... Whitsundays for sure. I am from there it's not really that expensive (accommodation is but everything else is pretty good) I have been to all the other places mentioned and yes all lovely destinations but for a honeymoon the whitsundays are fun. Lots of snorkeling, good weather this time of year. Yachting, diving, fishing, swimming, jet skiing, relaxing in the pool with a bar in the pool (1 island even has a cinema screen in the pool section. It's perfect for a laid back honeymoon and there are some shops also.