+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early Scan.... empty sac?

This is my first post and I havent quite figured out the website yet so apologies if I have posted in the wrong spot!!
    I am pregnant (yay) after having a miscarriage 5 months ago at 5 weeks.
    I had an internal scan today and the Dr said I looked like i was 5 weeks but if I go by my date of my last period I should be 6 and a half weeks. There was nothing inside the yolk. He said the yolk sac looked round and good but that it was either too early to see anything or it might not be a viable pregnancy. I ovulated late at about day 18 so I am hoping that everything is just running a few days later than usual....
    I have to wait for blood tests over the next few days.
    I havent had any bleeding, my breasts are very very sore and I feel pregnant... does anyone have anything reassuring to say or similar positive stories?
    I really hope this one sticks!!! It has been really hard hiding this from family and friends, so nice to share with you guys...

Thanks
    Reviews
    im not an expert, but i would take comfort with the sore boobs. You may not be 6 and ã half weeks, it may be only 5 weeks. Sending sticky vibes your way!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to travelmum For This Useful Post:

MrsPRSH (02-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an internal scan at 6w2 (from LMP) and all they saw was the yolk, no fetal pole, etc and measured at 5w4. I had to wait a couple of weeks for another scan and the bean was there with a heartbeat!! And I had unexplained spotting from 4w-10w with a gush of blood at 6w!! He's now a 26w kicking bump!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GracieK For This Useful Post:

MrsPRSH (08-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thing happen and I'm now 17 weeks with what so far seems to be a very healthy bub! I was just not as far along as my dates predicted I would be

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbaboyandbump For This Useful Post:

MrsPRSH (08-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an early scan (due to previous miscarriages) at what I thought was almost 7 weeks. Scan showed a gestational sac but nothing else. Sac measured approx. 5w5d so I was told to go get my hcg tested and to return for a follow up scan in 2 weeks. Two weeks later, after a lot of worrying, the next scan showed a lovely heartbeat and bub measured 8 weeks. Fast forward almost a year, and I have a healthy 3.5 month old little boy!

I'm keeping my this bub is a sticky one for you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to majo For This Useful Post:

MrsPRSH (08-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks for replies

Thank you so much ladies for all your lovely replies. I have had the blood tests and still waiting results.... fingers crossed!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first scan at approximately 5w 4d, showed a yolk sac but nothing visible inside yet!
    Went back about a week later and saw a tiny heartbeat... I'm now 22-weeks pregnant and growing healthily

So yep! It's entirely possible that it is normal to have not seen anything inside the sac yet!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bluerhapsody For This Useful Post:

MrsPRSH (16-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This happend to me last week last monday was a completely empty sac, no yolk! Monday just been a baby with a heartbeat!!! Turns out im 9 days less pregnant then my period date.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jennababe For This Useful Post:

MrsPRSH (16-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds very promising I worked in radiology for 5 years before having DD, and yep if you are under 6/7 weeks, all they will see is the sac, because they can't SAY yet if it is viable or not, they HAVE to write on the reports that it may not be... but 99% of the time 10-14 days later there is bean with a strong heart beat.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to butterflyknot For This Useful Post:

MrsPRSH (16-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by majo View Post
    I had an early scan (due to previous miscarriages) at what I thought was almost 7 weeks. Scan showed a gestational sac but nothing else. Sac measured approx. 5w5d so I was told to go get my hcg tested and to return for a follow up scan in 2 weeks. Two weeks later, after a lot of worrying, the next scan showed a lovely heartbeat and bub measured 8 weeks. Fast forward almost a year, and I have a healthy 3.5 month old little boy!

I'm keeping my this bub is a sticky one for you!

I had exactly the same thing happen to me, I went in for a scan and all they could see was the sac, I lost it started crying because by my calculations i should of been further along. DF finally calmed me down and a following scan 2 weeks later showed that my dates must of been out or ovulated later than i thought. Im now almost 16 weeks pregnant.

Have my fingers crossed for you, and try not to stress yourself

18. The Following User Says Thank You to krystledawn For This Useful Post:

MrsPRSH (16-06-2011)