+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an older thread but so need to vent. My son has hypotonia and attends physio fortnightly which will need to continue indefinitely if he's to meet his milestones. He's scheduled for an MRI and EEG (he's been having episodes of shaking) and we are waiting on some blood results that we are told have some abnormalities and needed to be sent for further testing.

but because he looks no different to any other baby my husband and I always get dismissed like "oh every baby develops at different rates" "but he's so attractive how can there be anything wrong"?! It makes me want to SCREAM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by karennicole1 View Post
    I know this is an older thread but so need to vent. My son has hypotonia and attends physio fortnightly which will need to continue indefinitely if he's to meet his milestones. He's scheduled for an MRI and EEG (he's been having episodes of shaking) and we are waiting on some blood results that we are told have some abnormalities and needed to be sent for further testing.

but because he looks no different to any other baby my husband and I always get dismissed like "oh every baby develops at different rates" "but he's so attractive how can there be anything wrong"?! It makes me want to SCREAM
    Mega hugs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

karennicole1  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs hugs hugs

Totally understand where you're coming from.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zooey For This Useful Post:

karennicole1  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going to post on here soon. I have had it. But I need to calm down before I can write it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This has happened to me quite a lot in recent weeks especially from family it hurts my head just thinking about it. I've seen it's an old thread but good to let it out if anyone wants to read. My DS just had a diagnosis about a month ago of Mecp2 duplication syndrome, it has many characteristics of autism but is in no way ASD, anyway most of my DH's family keep saying 'oh this will help him blah blah and this' nothing will bloody help him he has a syndrome that will make him regress after time, we've already seen regression in him. I know people are trying to help but inside I'm killing thinking shut up you are obviously not well informed on his illness so put a sock in it.

Also one of the teachers at his toddler group the otherday asked how we were, I haven't seen her there for a while, I say well ok still having down days and it hurts thinking to much about it all she then goes on to say really you've known for a while now are you not over it yet. I mean wtf it's been about a month since he was diagnosed I'm still learning new things about his syndrome, no I'm not bloody ok lady jog on... Grr haha good to get it out.
    Last edited by zoz; 11-06-2015 at 20:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I FRUCKING HATE YOU AUTISM!!

I loathe you!! I despise you!! You're a frucking curse and the cross my baby will have to bear for the rest of her life!!

You stole who she could of been, who she would have been and who she should have been and instead left her soul trapped in some mental frucking maze consisting of behaviours and compulsions that she doesn't understand stuck behind the 8-ball from the frucking start in a world she can't make sense of!!!

There's not a damn thing I can do about it either!!! I hate you even more for that!!! Believe you me when I tell you that there's nothing in this world that I wouldn't do to get rid of you and exorcise you from the depths of my daughter for good, you wretched, evil, insidious, b*stard!!!

Every single day is a battle with you!!! Every...Single...Bloody...Day!!! I'm so tired of your sh!t!!! So...Bloody...Tired!!! I know what you're trying to do...you're trying to break me..Not Going To Happen!!!! I can't and won't allow it!!!

You understimate me...when it comes to my DD, I'll come out swinging even if I'm down on my knees doing it!!!

You see...I love her more than love itself...more than life itself and I won't let you take her from me. I will fight you for every second of every minute of every hour of every day that there's life in me...

While there's still breath in my body I will fight you and make sure my baby has every opportunity available to her in order for her to be able to live the very best life possible where she's able to reach her full potential...a life full of laughter and love in a world she can understand not only her place in it but where others fit into it too.

A world where you only exist in the background of her life instead of completely dominating it!!! That's my plan for you Autism!!! So how do you like them apples hey?????? No?? Like I give a sh!t!!! (thought I'd take a leaf out of your book!!)

Until we meet again for yet another round in the ring, I'll leave you with the usual goodbye: "FRUCK YOU AUTISM!!!!"
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 30-10-2016 at 07:29.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Phia  (30-10-2016),Summer  (30-10-2016),VicPark  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Special Needs Vent Thread

@BlondeinBrisvegas I'm so sorry, what a frucked up cruel universe this place can be. I don't know why we are dealt the cards we are given... I had tears falling reading your post....

You're doing a frucking amazing job - your strength and love for your daughter will move mountains. It's hard to see day by day, but it's happening!

And who knows where this will lead. All I know is that the sun will rise every morning, every corner brings opportunity and challenges.

You are full of love and fight and there's nothing better or stronger than that.

Swing away BIB. And surround yourselves with love. Life, for both your and your daughter, will be better because of it.

(((( big warrior hugs )))))

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am crying for you @BlondeinBrisvegas life is just so incredibly hard at times, it's an absolute tragedy & heartbreaking to hear your pain through the depth of your love. No words, but endless hugs as you fight through another day. ❤️

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-10-2016),Phia  (30-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas I'm so sorry, what a frucked up cruel universe this place can be. I don't know why we are dealt the cards we are given... I had tears falling reading your post....

You're doing a frucking amazing job - your strength and love for your daughter will move mountains. It's hard to see day by day, but it's happening!

And who knows where this will lead. All I know is that the sun will rise every morning, every corner brings opportunity and challenges.

You are full of love and fight and there's nothing better or stronger than that.

Swing away BIB. And surround yourselves with love. Life, for both your and your daughter, will be better because of it.

(((( big warrior hugs )))))
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Am crying for you @BlondeinBrisvegas life is just so incredibly hard at times, it's an absolute tragedy & heartbreaking to hear your pain through the depth of your love. No words, but endless hugs as you fight through another day. ❤️

Thanks Girls for your words of kindness and supportxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sending you and your DD loads of love !

16. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-10-2016)