+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ipswich Midwifery Group Practice.

Hi everyone,

Just got accepted into Ipswich Midwifery Group Practice. Was just wondering if anyone has any experiences with them?

How long did you end up staying in hospital? Did they visit you at home often? Did you get the midwife who you were working with throughout your pregnancy?

Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, congrats on your pregnancy!

I just had my first bub at Ipswich hospital and was part of the midwifery group practice. I had a really wonderful experience with them. I was accepted very late - around 34 weeks so only had a few appointments with my primary midwife but it was enough for me to build a relationship with her and I felt really comfortable with her.

I was lucky enough to get my primary midwife at my birth (I think if they aren't on call when you go into labour you get one of the other midwives from the group practice). I met most of the midwives and they were all really lovely.

They very much encourage natural birth (mine was a drug and intervention free birth), but if there are any complications you get transferred to the care of the hospital and the doctors on duty at the time.

We went home 4 hours after the birth, as it was very straight forward and me and bub were fine. They don't shove you out the door if you're not ready though. I had a home visit each day for about 5 days I think, and I was still able to phone my midwife on her mobile if we had any questions or concerns.

Good luck!