+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Wink SAHM in Canberra

Hi there,

Is anyone here from Canberra? Would love to chat.

Cheers,
    hok67.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi hok67, i am in canberra (do i recognise your username from the eb site???I am 'karasmum')

anyway im always up for a chat.......us canberans are a friendly breed!!!!

look forward to chatting with ya

Thanks
    Reviews
    'ello canberran mums

i'm a mum to a 14 month old, with another due in march! look forward to chatting to you guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbalove......nice to meet you.

Are you a born canberran? I moved here a few years ago.....have a 1 year old daughter and hoping to try for #2 soon.....

hows your preg going?

look forward to chatting to you again....

Thanks
    Reviews

Talking Talking

Hi Canberra Mums,

Quick question for you ..... at what age did you babies first say a recognisable word?

The reason I ask is that my DS, at the very tender age of 4.5 months very clearly stated the word "MUM" when in the bath tub last night. I thought I had just imagine it but my DH was there and he heard it, too.

Can't believe that my DS's first ever word was Mum, especially when you hear of so many children saying Dad first. I'm just blown away with this.

Cheers for now,
    Helen (very proud Mum of very clever DS).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hok67 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum (20-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys

No mumfo1, I wasn't born in Canberra, been living here for 3 years now. This pregnancy seems to be going so much faster than my last one! 15 weeks already! And no morning sickness like the last time either, thank goodness! Which has lead everyone to speculate that this one must be a girl. We are going to try and find out at the 18 week ultrasound, so I'll keep you posted
    Welll, the sun is actually shining down here for a change, so I best go hang the washing out from undercover. The exciting lives we lead! Hope all are well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies....

HELEN - Its quite possible it was mum that you heard.....my friends son said da at about 5 months.....my daughter was 5.5mths when she said da.........thats very exciting isnt it - saying mum first!!!!

KERRI-ANN - Im glad to hear your preg is going well......time will fly by.....im getting so excited about trying for #2.......we are going to try the 'shettals (sp?) method' so we will see if we can conceive a boy.....but if i get another girl ill also be over the moon!!!! Ill just go back for #3 then!!!!!LOL!!! what hospital are you going to , to have bubs??i also just noticed your just round the corner to me....im at theodore.....do you take aiden to any playgroups? i go to one at gordon & calwell.....kara loves them.....

Well floriade is on this weekend.....are you guys going to have a look? I went a few years ago and it was beautiful.....i cant wait to go and have a look again......

im glad i can see 'green' when i look around my garden.....so used to seeing 'dirt'.....

have a great day
    sam
    Last edited by mumof1; 16-09-2004 at 06:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sam
    I am having this bub at Calvary, as that's where I work, under Jakub Dreher (same as I did for Aidan). He's fantastic! One of the few 'younger' ob's in Canberra
    I don't go to any playgroups as of yet cause I just plain don't have the time! I am taking a few years off work after this bub is born, so I'll probably get organised then.
    Hope all that 'trying' for another bub is keeping a smile on your face!
    Talk soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Kerri Ann,

I bet you enjoy your pregnancies then - if you have a 'young' ob......LOL! I hope your preg is still going well....no morning sickness would be a bonus! I didnt have any when i had my daughter - so i hope with #2 its the same!

Where abouts did you relocate from? Im from the Illawarra...born and breed there - absolutely loving canberra.....im soooo glad we moved here....i love the cold weather!

Have a nice day - im off for a cuppa while my cheeky chopps is snoozing!

Sam
    PS Oh yes i have a HUGE smile on my face!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sam
    We moved here form Newcastle, but we're not from there originally. Canberra is okaaay, but I desperatley miss the beach! And I'm not really into non-essential travel at the moment
    Which day does your little one go to playgroup? I'll have to start thinking about that cause Aidan won't be going to daycare once I finish work. Chat soon