+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Question about maternity bras

Had a look around the shops today at maternity bras knowing I will probably have to buy some soon (17 weeks now) but I was wondering if I would buy what my normal (before pregnancy) size is, or would I go a size or a cup above? I feel silly asking, but I've never bought maternity bras before and I'm now wearing my usual bras on the loosest fitting, they're getting bigger! (Obviously lol) again I feel silly to ask but that's what Bubhub's for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Usually around 16-20weeks ur boobs should settle into a size .. Get fitted professionally .. They will guide you in the right direction.
    I found the ladies in myers really helpful if you have one nearby. Even if u don't buy from there, they seemed to be the most helpful. I found maternity bras uncomfortable, I never wore one but once my boobs settled I got fitted and just bought normal bras.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always get mine fitted. Last time the lady said you should be able to fit a fist in the cups to allow for growth.
    My last pregnancy I actually went up a size in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been wearing maternity bras since before 12 weeks, as I heard that you shouldn't wear underwire during pregnancy, as it can cause clogged ducts as your boobies grow and change and start producing colostrum. I just bought some cheapie Target maternity bras until my boobies settled into a size. I still have a wee bit of room in the cup size I wear now, so I hope these will also tide me through while breastfeeding!

BTW my boobies grew a LOT early on and I now wear two cup sizes larger than I did pre-preg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I grew in the first few weeks of pregnancy from a 10c and settled about half way through to a 12 d.
    Silly 'professional fitter'(what a load of rubbish) sized me then and said it would be fine through pregnancy and nursing.
    Rubbish! I exploded when my milk came in. Went up to a 12 F!!

This time I am wearing my normal bras for as long as possible. Might get a cheaper soft wire towards the end when my belly and boobs meet! Then get fitted when my milk comes.
    I never shrank back to original size so I don't know what size I will explode to this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll need to be fitted and be prepared for the ones you get now to be too small later. I went up 2 cup sizes by 7 weeks in my first pregnancy, but only one more cup size when my milk came in. Soft, stretchy cup bras are really handy when your boobs can change size dramatically over the course of a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Second the silly professional fitter thing with their fist idea too. 12B to 12DD now that things have actually stablised but goodness knows what they were when the milk came down and I had milk cannons attached to my chest in the beginning. My poxy D cup looked like a bandaid on an amputation then and just plain unsupportive and uncomfortable after that!

The other thing I found was that I went to a size 14 late in my pregnancy but dropped back down within a week or two after birth.

I think you've just got to play it by ear a bit...

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey i bought 2 today from target (30% off). I had no idea how much room I should allow, so i will get fitted properly ãt myers when I get to one. I was oozing out of my other ones, thought these will do for now. Seriously, i have to get fitted for bras normally because I can never get it right!