+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    The newborn smell

There seriously can NOT be a finer smell in the whole of mankind Sniff your little new bubba like there is no tomorrow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

ryderashleysmum  (26-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's true labour can suck, recOvery can be painful and tiredness is a given BUT Ds is now 5 months and he is simply the most amazing thing on earth!

Baby snuggles, each new noise, each new skill- even something as small as them reaching to touch a toy or kickIng in the bath are moments that are such proud mummy moments!!

Baby smiles, being the one who makes them stop crying, holding them whilst they sleep...it's just such a joy!

I thought I'd be a mum that relished in having a night off but I love taking him with me because he is such a huge part of life now!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a week old baby boy - just looking into his eyes and him looking at me- having a kangaroo snuggle. I sit here waiting for him to wake up just so I can have a cuddle. Its the most lovely thing in the world. Its worth the labour/c/section, breastfeeding issues. It really is. Good luck with your bundle of joy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen View Post
    The newborn smell

There seriously can NOT be a finer smell in the whole of mankind Sniff your little new bubba like there is no tomorrow
    I was going to say this too.... Drink that smell in, it is absolutely divine :-) plus the soft skin plus all the other good stuff others have said above!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep parts of motherhood are not glamourous but somehow the good does out weigh the bad. The yukkiness is generally quickly forgotten. I absolutely adore how DS looks at me. The look of trust and love is so reassuring, especially on the not so good days.

The first time DS said mum, I nearly cried with pride and happiness and I actually did cry the first time he kissed me.

The other thing I really love, when DS is hurt or sad or sick DH is good but I am the ultimate, that is a very privileged role to play.

Even as a newborn they have their quirks and watching their personality develop is fascinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have that immediate rush of love - think the experience left me a bit shell shocked. However it grew...and grew...and GREW and now I cannot imagine ever having questioned whether I would or wouldn't have kids! They can be a pain but they are so gorgeous and say the funniest things, you will always have something to smile about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first time you hold your little bundle is the best feeling, i was so buggered after the birth but all i could do was just stare at my beautiful boy for hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I opted out of labour/birth and breastfeeding - I had an elective CS and am formula feeding. I have to say I am very happy with those decisions, and I think they have helped make having my first baby a much more positive experience than I expected! I too was a bit overwhelmed with all the horror stories people love to tell you about having a baby...
    Yaay! I personally don't think you need to have a vaginal birth or experience labour to have a well earned and positive labour experience

My labour was quite hard, and I didn't feel that immediate gush of love, but it definitely grows and then grows and grows some more. I loved that I had a little individual that was mine and came from me. There is something very empowering and amazing about that! I also loved the cuddly lie ins, and watching my baby grow and develop in front of my eyes. Now she's a bubbly toddler and I can't even believe she used to be a chilled out little newborn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The same as what everyone has said....I was a bit apprehensive too because when you're pregnant people seem to LOVE to tell you the horror you are in for

When you look into your baby's eyes and they look at you, recognise you and smile...it is like no other feeling in the world.

When you see yourself in them...it is just wonderful.

When you're cuddling them and they are upset and you are the one that can make it all better...it is like no other feeling in the world.

The smell and softness of them, the new little noises they make every day (my DS is 9 weeks old), the pride and joy you feel when people meet or see them.

It's not the end of your life, as I was led to believe also. I feel like my life is only just beginning, in some wonderful way. You can't comprehend it until it is here and it is happening to you, but you will see what I mean.

I thought I'd never be able to go out and do anything anymore, I had visions of being stuck at home day in, day out...but it's not that way AT ALL! We go out as much as I used to, maybe even more...to the shops, dinners, visiting people...it doesn't stop me from doing anything, and if I want to go to the movies or something, DP can look after him!

But you know what....your life is changed, but in such a POSITIVE way that people don't seem to talk about enough...you don't WANT to change it back to how it was, you don't want a life without them. They are the most precious, joyous thing in your life, and all the hard things are worth it. I had a c-section, the recovery wasn't anywhere near as bad as people said. The breastfeeding was really difficult, and we did it for 2 weeks and couldn't anymore...formula is FINE and the only regret I have is allowing myself to feel so guilty about not being able to & not wanting to continue breastfeeding at the time.

You will see, becoming a mother is one of the most momentous things you will ever have the privilege to do It is not as hard as people say, it is wonderful in so many ways...it is a natural high and fulfillment you can't get from anything else!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to X'sMum For This Useful Post:

mel6280  (29-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello

Labour was the ultimate in pushing (excuse the pun) my body beyond what i thought it was capable of! A truly wonderful feeling when you look into that little ones eyes for the first time! You feel like you can conquer the world!

From the moment that baby takes his/her first breath he/she begins their journey towards independence. Every day you learn something new about him/her. Of course sleep deprivation is hard, not understanding little ones cry is hard. But it doesnt last, in actual fact those first few months go far too quickly.

Re single income - like sleep deprivation you deal with it because you have to!

Good luck its a wonderful time of discovery, love and resiliance! And when it does get hard remember it wont last forever!