ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What you love about having a bub?

For those of you who have already had a bub, I would love to hear what you love about it.

With only a few weeks to go, all I seem to have heard from people is how hard labour is, how difficult breast feeding can be and how bad the sleep deprivation is. I am also worried about going down to one wage and coping financially.

Although I try and stay positive and strong, it's all getting to me and I am starting to freak out a bit because it just all seems like it is going to be hard work!

I need to be reminded about the good stuff!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mel6280 For This Useful Post:

changethestars  (25-05-2011)

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's all good - the breastfeeding is hard for the first few weeks, but you get through that. The sleep deprivation is difficult, but you are waking up to a scrumptious cuddly warm bubba, and eventually they start to sleep more, so you get through that too.

As for living on one income - if you want to, you can. We've done it for 6 years now and yeah we might not be rolling in it, but we get by and live comfortably.

It's hard work, but it's also SO much joy. So, so, SOOOO much joy. And it just keeps on coming - it is SO worth it! You just fall more in love every day, and what could be better than that?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    omg how truly blessed you are going to be with a little mircale that you created

mmmm where do i start so many good things

firstly a winter baby is amazing, after dp gone to work you will be able to go back to bed and snuggle with your little bubba, they are just like a hot water bottle

breast feeding is amazing as its just something you and your bub can do, just the two of you and when they gaze into your eyes its amazing like they are saying thanks mummy

pjs day rock some days we used to stay in our pjs and we used to watch movies all day

some days i would let bub sleep on me and just stroke his face and stare at him and think how perfect he was.

when you go out and everyone goes oh what a beautiful baby and its like thanks i made him.

there are plenty more, i could go on all day

some people would say i had a traumatic birth and after birth, and i also had cracked nipples to start with, but the good definalty out weighed the bad for me personally and we went on to have our second as they are just so precious.

enjoy every mintue of it as they just grow so quickly, good luck with the birth

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amiee For This Useful Post:

mel6280  (29-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooohh, I LOVED newborn cuddles! In the first couple of weeks I was glued to the couch while DS slept on my chest

I love breastfeeding, and the milky smiles afterwards. It didn't come quite as naturally as I thought it would, but after a couple of weeks we had it down pat.

Now DS is a bit older (4.5 months) I love the smiles, babbling, giggles and shrieks of delight when I do something silly!

Try not to listen to people about how hard labour is (or can be) - it's different for everyone. For me it was great - hard work no doubt, but great. No drugs, no tears, no intervention. It's good to hear other peoples stories, but you're not going to know what labour will be like for YOU until you experience it, so just try to stay positive.

Being a parent is hard work and there will be lots of changes to life as you know it, but once you have your bub you will realise you wouldn't change it for the world

7. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

mel6280  (29-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is just the most amazing thing in the whole world

Having a bub is the greatest. The way they look at you with those eyes that just say "I don't know how I got so lucky to have a parent like you, I adore you". Seeing all their firsts and watching them learn, watching DD learn to roll was one of the most awesome things for me, the way she's maneuver her body just right, then not quite get it and start again! Hearing the first Mum Mum or Dad Dad.

I thin the best part is getting to know them. It's amazing how well you know your bub, even at birth! I think back and DD had her personality then. Watching their personality grow though, it the most incredible thing! DD is so cheeky now, it's so incredible to know that we've help mould her into the little person she is today

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^All of the above... Plus, once you've given birth you have a new sense of respect for yourself and what your body is capable of. And you will feel love like you've never felt it before - you will spend hours just gazing at your newborn

10. The Following User Says Thank You to meatpopsicle For This Useful Post:

decemberbubba  (25-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You'll find out in a few weeks time how wonderful life is.

Yes giving birth can be hard/horrid/long/painful, but when you have that little baby in your arms.. oh my gosh, it trully is the best feeling in the world. Nothing like it, nothing comes close to being similar.

All the pain of labour is then worth it.

All the stuff afterwards, yes, its hard too, but the special moments that you share with your bub outweigh the difficulties 100000000000000000000 times over.

I think for me, it was hard for the first 6 months or so. It got easier once his sleep got better and communication got better with him ie, you can pick if he's happy, sick, in pain etc. But its only 6 months is what I think to myself now.

Good luck with the birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I opted out of labour/birth and breastfeeding - I had an elective CS and am formula feeding. I have to say I am very happy with those decisions, and I think they have helped make having my first baby a much more positive experience than I expected! I too was a bit overwhelmed with all the horror stories people love to tell you about having a baby...

What I wasn't prepared for was the immediate rush of love/bonding that occurred the moment I laid eyes on my baby. I can't even express the power of that feeling. From that instant on, I would have killed to protect my child (and still would). It seriously is amazing the protective, consuming love you feel for them as soon as they arrive! I am the least maternal person I know so I was really surprised at how strongly it kicked in (as was everyone around me! )

*this message was typed one handed as my baby slept in the other arm... with the cutest expression on her face *

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also had an elective c-section, but I chose to breastfeed. The first few weeks were hard, but after that it gets so much easier and by the time my bubba was a few months old I thought it was great. No washing bottles or preparing stuff to take out. Everything your baby needs to eat or drink is conveniently stored and transported along with you But at the same time it's not for everyone - so don't stress about it if it's not working for you - you don't HAVE to do it.

You get used to less sleep. It's amazing what you can survive on. I remember living in the newborn haze for a while, but it gets better.

I was never very maternal. I had considered that I might not have kids - and then I fell pregnant on our honeymoon - whoops!! While I was pregnant I really was preparing myself for the worst. I thought my life was OVER - and while my life is completely different, some parts of it were just beginning. Along with all the hard stuff you get this beautiful little baby and you really can't understand how much you can love something until they come along - and they're totally yours. You made them. It's amazing!!

My daughter is 2 now and I love her more everyday. I am also pregnant with my second - so the early days can't have been that bad or surely I wouldn't be doing it all over again - maybe I've just forgotten lol!!

Might have gotten a bit off topic there - preggo brain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to say thank you so much to OP for this thread!! I am sick of people's horror stories and how people only have negative things to say about having children - I am so excited to have a baby, and it's happening now inevitably - so I want to know the good things about it!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to changethestars For This Useful Post:

Onion  (27-05-2011),Patience86  (29-05-2011)