+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good Morning all.

How are we all going on our savings? Mine is going ok- I'm waiting on a chunk of money from work to go in- I wish they'd hurry up!

Ghostdancer- making contributions to your super is def a good idea. I have never done this and its something that I would like to start doing over the next few years. Good job!

HOMS- new goal- don't dip into the savings. Works almost the same way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, dear SimplyMum. If only it were that simple!

I have had to dip in a little this fortnight just gone (about $100) because I just haven't been getting enough work, but that is a lot less than I would have thought I would have to if I was me a few months ago.

However, I am hoping in the next couple of fortnights to put that back and more! I got a job finally so I'll be getting regular good money instead of relying on relief work. I can't wait to start.

As it is though today is pay day for DH and tomorrow for me. By my calculations (very rough) it looks like I will be able to put my usual amount of money on the C/C and pay the money back that I borrowed in savings while still putting our bill money aside (I have not stopped doing this) and paying the usual things out, like mortgage, car loan, groceries, insurances, etc.

A chunk of money sounds good! Oh how I wish someone would give me a chunk of money, say 50K It would make life easier though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha- yep, I totally get that HOMS. Life gets in the way of saving.

Congrats on the job. Hope its satisyfing in more ways than just more savings.

I think I'm going to be selling my car. The reason I'm saving is because we are planning a trip around Australia in a caravan. I have a toyota aurion and am slightly concerned about it pulling a caravan- it says it can, but I'm still concerned. So, after talking to my Dad- I've decided to sell the Aurion and buy a 4wd. The downside is that it is more exy on petrol in the mean time but my Aurion is almost at 100km so if I don't sell it now- its resale value will go down dramatically. I'm hoping to get about $14-$15K for my car and buy another for about the same (cheaper would be good. )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Been a while since i visited here but i'm doing awesome. Debt is paid off and i'm slowly accruing savings despite having bought myself a car last year (just $3000).

Feeling pretty darn good, and as long as i can get another job (redundancy happening), i hope to save for a house deposit within 2-3 years

*~Thank goodness for my phone...It is my sanity & excuse for most things~*