+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Leeny is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    I HATE YOU JENNNNIFFFEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Toddler Bed or Single Bed?

Do many of you guys get toddler beds for your little ones, inbetween a cot and single bed, or do you go straight to a single bed instead of buying the extra bed inbetween?

I've just layby'd a toddler bed for DD, but im kinda having second thoughts. Im wondering wether its better just to get her a single bed which will last the rest of her childhood, or get the toddler bed which has to be replaced again in a few years. She can already get off of our high double and mum and dads queen without any dramas.

So many choices...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am only new at this(night 3 for DD in a bed & doing fine) but I put her straight into a double bed it is against the wall & it has a bed rail on the other side.
    If your cot can also be a toddler bed then bonus, but if not I am thinking they are a waste of money.
    Last edited by Cupcake; 19-09-2006 at 21:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    if she can get on and off the big beds i would just get her a normal single bed.

i was given a toddler bed so i will be using that but if you are worried about her falling out you could just put the single bed mattress on the floor or get a railing. you could even just use the mattress out of the cot on the floor (or leave it in the cot and take one of the sides off and replace it with a little rail.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My girls cots convert to toddler beds. My sons didnt so he went straight to a single bed. Honestly, if my cots didnt convert to toddler beds though I wouldnt waste my money.. they dont last in them long enough! As a cot/toddler bed though, they make the cots cost more worthwhile!

Leeny is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    I HATE YOU JENNNNIFFFEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I brought my cot second hand so it doesnt convert to a toddler bed, so i think you ladies have just solved my dilema. I think i'll just get my deposit back on the toddler bed and buy a single and some rails . She loves sitting on big beds

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is only my choice but i went straight to a single bed for both of my darlings. I got a safety rail for one side and placed the other side against the wall. I also short sheeted the bed as to avoid them sliding down the bed and getting covered in their bedding.
    They went ok once they got over the novelty of getting in and out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Honestly....I can't see the point in toddler beds. Why spend hundreds of dollars on one, only to have to go and spend hundreds of dollars on a single bed 2-3 years later??

Thanks
    Reviews
    We personally thought toddler beds were a waste of money. We bought our DD a good single bed that will last her until she wants a different one when she is much older.
    We've had no problems with the transition at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My reasoning for buying a toddler bed was lack of space. My two share a room and I could only fit them both in there with a toddler bed and a cot! When they get older I'm just going to get bunk beds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Straight to the big bed for us......with a rail of course!!! didn't have any problems that you wouldn't have with keeping them in a toddler bed iykwim......