ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tips for flying with a 13 month old please!

We are about head off on a holiday to the other side of Australia and I'm a bit daunted by the flight! Can anyone give me any tips on flying with a 13 month old please?? The flights have been stratigically planned for a late morning departure and an early afternoon departure BTW! TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi!

I just did a plane trip with my DS (when he was 13 months too).

Take more snacks then you think you'd need (like 6 times more). We were saved by grapes and sultanas (take snacks that take a long time to eat...)

Do you still bf? I was able to BF my boy on take off and then he slept (he doesn't normally get fed in the mornings but I broke with routine for my sanity).

If you don't BF see if you can get him doing something that will help his ears to unblock when you take off and descend. A bottle or dummy etc. Just to keep him swallowing.

Also we took a stroller but we didn't use it on our holiday ... still it was a godsend in the airport queues. There was a big queue when we were checking in and if we didn't have that stroller then he would be squirming in our arms or trying to run all over the airport. As it turned out he sat in the stroller and had some snacks.

Did i mention take snacks!??!! Very important!

Have a great holiday!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-editor For This Useful Post:

MummaKath  (05-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes, lots of snacks! and distractions as well, like a bag of toys. maybe a portable dvd player if you have one.

if you check your pram in and cant find a complimentary stroller in the airport, you can always grab one of the free wheelchairs (there are usually heaps more available)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyspice For This Useful Post:

MummaKath  (05-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Melbourne to Cairns with 14 month old

We are going on our first family holiday to Cairns/Port Douglas in January and at the time my daughter will be 14 months old. As we are in Melbourne I was worried about the 3 hour flight as she is already at that active age where she hates sitting still for too long. Great tips about taking lots of snacks, and the portable dvd player. I am still breastfeeding and hopefully I can feed her and she will sleep for a little bit on the plane but who knows. Any other tips would be appreciated!!