Hi everyone,

Apart from being mumma to my 3 babies Jacob 8, Chloe 6 and Charlotte 2,

As of this year I am also a student midwife as I have commenced my Bachelor of Midwifery at ACU in Melbourne.

Part of our assessment involves us taking part in a 'Follow through Journey' with women who are approximatly half way through their pregnancy, but no more than 35 weeks. Involvement in the Follow Through Journey, means getting to know a midwifery student and sharing your pregnancy and birth experience with the student. As student midwives, we have the back up and support of a midwife mentor who act as our support to bounce ideas off or any questions we may have regarding our follow through women.

So far this year, I have been 'following through' 9 women, and have been blessed and honoured to be present as part of the support team at the birth of four beautiful babies I have five more women due to have their bubbas in the next few months. I have to say that this is most defenitly the highlight of my studies, I just love getting to know women, their families and talk about the birth experience that they would like for themselves. I have made some really lovley friendships through the Follow through Journey

So:

If you are looking for a 'one to one' supportive relationship during your pregnancy and birth and days of early parenting which has been proven to have a positive effect on birth outcome.

Are willing to share your experiences of pregnancy, childbirth and early parenting with a midwifery student?

I would LOVE to hear from you. This is of course just a very brief introduction to the 'journey'. If you feel you may be interested, please email or pm me and I will be more than happy to discuss it with you further.

Thankyou so much for listening,

Meredith

Student Midwife