+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby Overdue and Paid Parental Leave Due date

I have prelodged the Paid Parental Leave and stated my EDD as 22nd April.
    Received a letter from Centrelink telling me that I should have all the document in by 28th April.

Now, my baby is overdue and today is 25th April.
    Not quite sure what to do as I would not have any document ready by 28th April if baby comes later than the date stated on the letter.

Has anyone got experience about what to do?
    Should I re lodge the form or just wait or call centrelink??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Log in online to see if you can change the details or just call them and let them know you are overdue and wont have the paperwork in by that date

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, don't call, they're horrible!
    If you can't do anything online for it (and if you can manage) go into your closest centrelink and explain it to them and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to relodge. (If you're not able, send dp/f/h? if he can?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Del79, my name's Marian and I work at Centrelink in a team answering questions posted in online forums, and through social media.

It's not a problem if you can't get your paperwork in because your baby is overdue. If you can, give the Centrelink Family Assistance Office a call on 13 6150 and let them know the paperwork will be late. The claim can't be finalised until after your baby is born so there is always a chance that some documents will need to be lodged later.

The claim will be assessed from your new start date which you will need to nominate (can be date of birth or later), once you've got the immediate business of having the baby out of the way of course!

All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mariansm View Post
    Hi Del79, my name's Marian and I work at Centrelink in a team answering questions posted in online forums, and through social media.

It's not a problem if you can't get your paperwork in because your baby is overdue. If you can, give the Centrelink Family Assistance Office a call on 13 6150 and let them know the paperwork will be late. The claim can't be finalised until after your baby is born so there is always a chance that some documents will need to be lodged later.

The claim will be assessed from your new start date which you will need to nominate (can be date of birth or later), once you've got the immediate business of having the baby out of the way of course!

All the best!
    If only I could get through that phone number! Been busy whole day and I have been trying since 2 hours ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about that del79. The Family Assistance Office line is particularly busy today because of the Easter public holidays.

It's not urgent that you call today, though I understand you wanting piece of mind. You can just provide the paperwork for the claim when you are able to, then the claim processing team will take care of it.

Once bub's arrived, you'll be able to keep an eye on your Centrelink payments online through self service - this will make things easier. If you do want to call to check, early mornings and evenings are best. In the meantime though, the claims processing team know that babies don't understand due dates!