+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default DH leaves on Friday and I'm freaking out

On Friday DH leaves for a 9 week course with the army and I have no idea how I'll cope. 9 weeks just myself and the children. How will I get the groceries done? The housework? What about my sanity?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It will work out hun. Can you get groceries delivered? House work can slide for awhile. Make sure you get as much rest as you can and accept any help that is on offer.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I can help with the groceries during school hours if you have your car seats. On any day but tuesdays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving5 View Post
    I can help with the groceries during school hours if you have your car seats. On any day but tuesdays.
    Your just lovely.

There are so many that will help you as much as you need hun. Dont ignore the offers.

I am booking our tickets next week to so i will be able to help you. I can stay as long as you need us.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thank you both

Mum and Dad are going to come up towards the end and DHs parents are coming up for a week too, although FIL just had a heart attack so we'll see.

Loving5 - did you want to come around for a play date on Friday? I'll text you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand what you are feeling right now because i've been there.
    In terms of coping i just did because i had to.
    To grocery shop i put the baby in a carrier and my toddler in a pram - i found it easiest to be out and about like that. I limited my shopping to what ever i could fit in a hand basket (which i rested on top of the pram) because it was easier that way - it meant i had to go shopping every few days but the positive of that was i become confident with being out and about with two by myself and it got me out of the house.
    Housework i just did what i could, when i could. I would get stuff done while the baby slept and get DD1 to help me clean or sometimes i would put ABC kids on so i could get some things done.

It will hard to start with but you will get into a bit of a flow and it will all work out Don't be afraid to accept offers of help either.

I hope the time passes quickly for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never done as long as 9 weeks but my dh works in the mines and sometimes is gone for 3 weeks at a time. I know everyone says this but it really will fly by! I have a 6 month old dd who is teething !!
    Definitely call on family and friends.. I buy the big stuff ( nappies/ wipes etc) while dh is home or if I get mum to have dd for an hour.. Im judy about to start getting groceries delivered! Housework: I get stuff done while dd is asleep bit I've had to learn to let stuff go ! Dh is aware how difficult it can be to get stuff done so he always tells me he doesn't expect the house to be spotless...
    You will do fine! It's amazing what we can do with one hand when we have to!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you stop from getting lonely? When the children go to sleep at night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    How do you stop from getting lonely? When the children go to sleep at night?
    I found going to bed not long after them helped with loneliness .. I would spend half hour or so finishing off some housework and then shower and bed with a movie or good tv show. Half the time I just flake it as im pregnant so fairly tired.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skype! We put the girls in highchairs and he would call at dinner time so we could eat together. I also would do 45mins of housework once girls in bed each night. If it didn't get done then too bad.
    For longer trips I made sure to get out of the house every day, even if its just to the park other wise I get cabin fever quickly.