+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default A happy thread :)

Hey all the single mamas and papas

I just thought I would post a sunshine and flowers thread as in the past I feel like I was so upset and down on this whole single parenting gig.

So I feel like I am now at a place that I never thought I would reach. I am HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! I love that I am living on my own, without having to accommodate another adult. I love that I am getting out and living life. I feel like I had been living in a fog and I couldn't even see the mist until I was out of it!

I have no desire whatsoever to hook up with anyone and I never thought that would be the case. I was frightened I might try to fill the void... but I have now been single for 4 months and I still don't feel that I want someone else in my life. I have great friends and a healthy social life and I actually shocked myself a while ago when I heard my own laughter! That's right - I laugh again

My ex is still 'close friends' with my ex best friend, but I couldn't give a toss. I am happy regardless of what he is doing and I feel so invigorated to feel this way!

Thanks for all of your support throughout my heartbreak and sorrow

I'm bbbbaaaccckkkkkkkk !

Frangimimi is offline walk a mile in someone elses shoes, before you judge..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thats brilliant, good for you I think it s a healthy attitude and even though you will have your ups and downs, remaining positive will get you through it.
    I also reached that place a little while back, our lives are very different now, in a better way
    thanks for your happy post

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frangimimi For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (19-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your post made me feel really good and hopefully I will be at that place soon. I'm much happier now but in my case it is my EXH still causing many of the issues. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though, whereas for a while there I never thought I would come out.

It must be great to be standing on your own two feet

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AppelsAndOranjes For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (19-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frangimimi View Post
    thats brilliant, good for you I think it s a healthy attitude and even though you will have your ups and downs, remaining positive will get you through it.
    I also reached that place a little while back, our lives are very different now, in a better way
    thanks for your happy post
    Yay! I am glad you are feeling great as well

Quote Originally Posted by AppelsAndOranjes View Post
    Your post made me feel really good and hopefully I will be at that place soon. I'm much happier now but in my case it is my EXH still causing many of the issues. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though, whereas for a while there I never thought I would come out.

It must be great to be standing on your own two feet
    Well I hope you get to that light soon It really is nice and so empowering to just be your own person and feel good. I am sure things will be great for you as well

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

AppelsAndOranjes  (22-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm at a happy place too! Frankly I think anyone would run a mile if EXDP tried to chat them up and then said he's got a 4 year old and he's only been single a month and due to have another baby in November but you know what? I DONT CARE! I'm meeting the woman he's moved in with on my terms! I messaged her and said I would like to meet you so I know you cause my child is going to be at your house and she said "I feel bad for the situation you and EXDP are in and I think you are so courageous doing it on your own and I admire your strength" So we are meeting some time this week! I feel good even though it's only been a month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    i am in a good place right now. next month i am starting a thing with a group i go to to concentrate on myself. its on a daycare day to which is good but they have minders there anyway for the kids.

really looking forward to going away next month plus in june i have coops birthday, his bbq(meeting a heap of hubbers to just celebrate our journey so having a bbq for his birthday) and also going to disney on ice. shall be exciting and really gives me something to look forward to.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

aprileviesmum  (19-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is awesomely awesome! I finally feel pretty good most of the time too! Actually, quite often I feel HAPPY!!! It's taken almost three years though.

Yay for happy parties!! Wooot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome! I was this way once and I'm determined to get back there. I'm actually excited about getting back there. It's a great way to feel- invigorated to start each and every day. I see a little bit of myself coming back each and every day and I just can't wait to finally make that break in about 2 months time (given I save as much as I am hoping).

Go and tackle each day and plan something amazing! An awesome dinner, a fun filled day out with a picnic at the park. A cheap train ride. Oh, I can't wait!!!