+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Talking Out For Dinner With My Toddler

My husband and I went out for dinner tonight, a last minute kind of thing so of course we took our 14 month old DS with us. He had been happy but NOISY all day. Yelling and squealing, typical toddler stuff.

Well I was already feeling a little nervous about being out with him when he was being so loud, then we were sat at a table next to two career looking women in there 50s. I was a bit worried that they would become annoyed by the noise coming from my son.

Well we were enjoying out dips and bread (DS was too, scoffing it) when I became aware of the two women sitting near us speaking about us.

Woman 1: Look at him sitting there eating his dips. So well behaved.

Woman 2: I was just thinking that. My children would have had carried on at dinner at that age. Look, he just keeps smiling.

I was

DS has just learnt to wipe his own face so the whole dinner he was grabbing his servette and dabbing his mouth. It was very funny and cute.
    The waitress noticed and said "Look at him wiping his face, what a gentleman!" And then got him a babycino.

His only faux pas was pulling a bit of chewed bread out of his mouth and offering it to the teenage girl sitting near him. She looked a bit

I think I should go out for dinner more often if DS is going to be that well behaved.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummasaurus Rex For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (16-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nice! Don't you love it when they surprise you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hehe cute , sharing his bread was probably his pick up line

Isnt it great when they surprise u and behave super good out at dinner !! ( especially after a not so great day !)

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aaah love it, beautiful story

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so sweet... We went out for dinner last night and DD would not sit down whilst we were eating so scoffed dinner then spent the rest of the night outside. Wasn't till we were leaving I realized she had done a no 2 and needed a nappy change! No wonder she didn't wanna sit down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Gorgeous!!!

You know when we were prechildren we were at teppanyaki, sitting next to a family with two children maybe between 6-9 who were SO well behaved... we being childless at the time, were saying how we would love to have children so well behaved, and complimented the parents on their kids....

And they said that they had brought their children out to dinner since they were babies, and because they had always come out with them, they knew how to behave and what was expected.... and so they'd always been well behaved.

It instilled some faith in us prechildren that we would do the same... and we do... all the time! And we are breeding children who know how to behave in a public restaurant.

SO to you and your DH!! And to your adorable DS.... sounds like he is a little gem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Its a great feeling when people complement our children. Esp when there is often to much negativity toward how kids behave in public.

My 2yo son LOVES going out for meals. I tell him we're going out, 'we go out dinner, yeah?' 'sorry mate its the morning'

he is really well behaved as well. Except last weekend we were having lunch at a higher end restaurant with my family and ds got an icecream sundae, which had nuts on it. Mistake. He kept spitting them out so we had to take it off him, we had been there for about 3 hours so he cracked it, but otherwise all smiles and shmoosing. I love taking him out, i just wish we could afford to do it more often!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That story went in quite the opposite direction than I expected it to go - glad you enjoyed your dinner out. And so cute that he wanted to share his pre-sucked bread with a nice young girl .

Thanks
    Reviews
    It just made for a really great start to the weekend. We had a crummy time last weekend, we all had a cold and didn't do anything.
    We actually weren't going out for dinner, we were actually going to get a pizza but my husband was like "lets go to a restaurant." I was pretty hesitant, I didn't have anything to entertain DS. I'm so glad I decided to go. Things like this are such an important reinforcement that DH and I are doing a good job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    how adorable haha you should be proud