+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7 year old still wetting bed

My 7 yr old son is still wetting the bed not every night he can go for months without doing it and then 5 times in a couple of weeks.
    Has anybody else had this problem and does anybody have any suggestions for me?
    Is this something I have to wait for him to grow out of?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hmmmmmm my almost 7 year old son does this but i have found if i get him up before im off to bed for a toilet visit he doesnt.... he sleeps so heavily though, when i get him up he still isnt actually awake

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My 11 yr Ds still has this problem. His pead says he will grow out of it. I wish it would hurry up. We limit drinks after dinner and wake him early and that does help some.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

CrazyJs  (11-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've tried these things too but getting him up before I go to bed is really hard I can't het him to wake up enough and once I did and he still wet the bed. He is a very heavy sleeper too, I think that's why he does cause he just dosent wake up. He even stays asleep after sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Just want to see if anybody else has any ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to baby sit a boy who was still wetting at 10 or 11. His liquid intake was restricted after a certain time and they'd get him up just before they went to bed to go to the loo. I felt awful for the poor kid, it was so embarrassing for him and obviously he couldn't go to 'sleepovers' and the like I have no idea whether he grew out of it but that's what they were told as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of my children wet there beds on and off till the age of 9 .The things i tried are no more drinks after a certain time if needing a drink only small amount of water .no soft drink or cafinated drinks atlest 3 hours before bed .wake to go to the toilet before you go to bed .And as the weather gets colder make sure he is warm at night because the cold weather makes you wee more.Last thing never make a fuss or big deal if he does wet the bed but give plenty of praise when he gets up dry .My 7 year old still wets his bed at lest 3 times a week. used to be every night but since i started doing these things with him its getting less.