+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.

My partner and I had bought Cami edu when our son was 6 yrs old and our daughter was 4 yrs old. We are somewhat different than most as we have been very proactive with our kids education. Our kids would spend half an hour everyday attempting the challenges and curriculum set by Cami. I know that it differs to what they have learnt at school, however it is still out of school learning that goes a long way. I recognise that most parents would have different goals and expectations with regards to the programme, however it has suited our needs. It was expensive at the time of purchase, however at that time I was earning sufficient money to justify the investment. Our kids have grown up with Cami with my son entering high school this year. Although they both have received the academic excellence award each year, the idea for us regarding Cami was that they would not struggle through school but learn how to learn and to enjoy school. I put their success down to hard work, and the many hours spent on Cami. Of course no kids including ours wanted to spend time initially doing extra study, however the benefits have made themselves clear to us. I have had no problems with the program at all.

Kind regards

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do not buy it

I STRONGLY recommend you do not buy this software I am about to go to fair trading to complain they want to charge me $1400 to cancel the subscription.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Notice this account has only made this comment and no further or previous comments.
    I admit i just joined myself but I have done this to warn other parents to be ready it wont matter if this program works or not you will have to pay over $1400 to get out of the contract
    Quote Originally Posted by hubabuba View Post
    Hi all.

My partner and I had bought Cami edu when our son was 6 yrs old and our daughter was 4 yrs old. We are somewhat different than most as we have been very proactive with our kids education. Our kids would spend half an hour everyday attempting the challenges and curriculum set by Cami. I know that it differs to what they have learnt at school, however it is still out of school learning that goes a long way. I recognise that most parents would have different goals and expectations with regards to the programme, however it has suited our needs. It was expensive at the time of purchase, however at that time I was earning sufficient money to justify the investment. Our kids have grown up with Cami with my son entering high school this year. Although they both have received the academic excellence award each year, the idea for us regarding Cami was that they would not struggle through school but learn how to learn and to enjoy school. I put their success down to hard work, and the many hours spent on Cami. Of course no kids including ours wanted to spend time initially doing extra study, however the benefits have made themselves clear to us. I have had no problems with the program at all.

Kind regards

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shield72 For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Don't sign with Cami!!!

"Presently I am fighting a court battle with them and need some proof of families who are affected with this software. "

Good luck with a court battle. I went through Fair Trading and all they could suggest was to shut the bank account it came out of. We received several threatening letters but nothing else. They seem to register a new company every couple of years, all from the same address in WA. When one company gets caught they switch to the next with a similar name.

DO NOT SIGN WITH CAMI

If you have already signed with Cami, don't try to contact and reason with them, it's a waste of time. Shut the account, forward any threatening letters to the Dept of Fair Trading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I haven't but after reading comments above, I'll definitely try it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cami Learning

Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    hi,

we have a 6 year old and a 6 month old..and i am looking at getting teh CAMI education software and was wondering if anyone else had used it?

I had someone out yesterday to show it to us...and it looks good, but i do think the menus are a little confusing.

It is expensive, however, it is a payment plan over 3 years and available to us until our youngest is finished Year 12 so a good investment when you look at it over time.

My 6 year old is advanced ( eg they tested him yesterday on Year 4 work and he got over 90% in comprehension) but does need to focus on the easier stuff (he gets bored and does not bother trying ) and LOVES sitting and doing educational games so it would get used.

They talked about it helping with applying for scholarships...which we will be doing in Year 4 and if it does help him get one it would be worth more then the program costs. However, i am not getting the program to "guarantee" a scholarship and it will not be the end of the world if he doesn't get a scholarship and i will not pressure my boy to do more then he wants to. he is already in private school so will not miss out either way (although paying the fees is a stretch and it would be awesome to save some money lol).

So...any experiences? good bad? what were the tutors like?

tia
    We have twin boys and had cami for their entire school time. Very expensive. Not good value for money. Hard to get response when needed. The boys hated it and did not learn from it. We know a few other parents who used Cami and they all had the same unsatisfactory results

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Don't do it!

We made the mistake of signing with them. It was absolutely rubbish. The maths was OK but there's better available for less than $200 complete. But the English work had major spelling mistakes in the questions! The on call tutors were never available and when I tried to contact the company about the poor quality the phone number was dead. They trade as lots of different companies and as one gets too many complaints or deregistered they just move onto another. They are all based out of one office in Western Australia.

I contacted Fair Trading and Ombudsman but without a registered company, there is little they can do. After months of trying to contact the company, we were advised to close the bank account the money was coming out of which we did. We still occasionally get threatening letters from them but I just forward them on to the Ombudsman.

Search for reviews first! You'll find plenty of other people who have been burnt by them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default CAMI software

Hi Kayla,

I just want to know what happened with your court battle with CAMI?
    I'm currently trying to terminate our contract after having the programme for 5 months. It's aweful and I find their conduct misleading when they sign people up.
    I have sent two letter so far and awaiting a response. I just want to know how far these people can go and plan my next course of action.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kayta View Post
    "Presently I am fighting a court battle with them and need so me proof of families who are affected with this software. "

Good luck with a court battle. I went through Fair Trading and all they could suggest was to shut the bank account it came out of. We received several threatening letters but nothing else. They seem to register a new company every couple of years, all from the same address in WA. When one company gets caught they switch to the next with a similar name.

DO NOT SIGN WITH CAMI

If you have already signed with Cami, don't try to contact and reason with them, it's a waste of time. Shut the account, forward any threatening letters to the Dept of Fair Trading.