+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you're going through. I was there once too. DS knew what to do at 2 and a half, but when we had a big event, and our house was crowded, he reverted to pooing in his jocks.
    I went through months of it and had enough.
    so I took his jocks off him.

he would hold his bum and cry when he needed to poo, so I would rush him to the toilet. When he finally used the toilet, I gave him a feddo frog. worked wonders. still took a few days for him to get into the habbit. but was the best thing I did. fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    though in saying that, you'll need to follow him around a bit when you suspect he needs to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    are his poo's solid? like logs? sorry tmi, but my son was having too much fruit and because of the sugar in the fruit, his poo's were some what sloppy(not runny but not firm), and when they arent firm, its harder for them to feel the poo coming on...i dont know what else to say, if its bugging you THIS much, then bring the potty out until he has more practice. u said it yourself the toilet is far away.
    do you remind him about the toilet? i would remind my son every 15 minutes and also place him on the toilet every 30 mins. he was eventually just saying 'no no no no' everytime i asked, but randomly i would say 'come on lets go try anyways!!!'
    if you show him your angry or frustrated, he is going to feel ashamed, and scared/anxious about when he does need to go to the toilet incase he does have an accident,which is more likely to result in an accident and he will be less likely to even tell you about the accident.

i know its hard but its harder for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS4 did this. I understand how incredibly frustrating it is. My DS had had a bout of constipation due to some medication. Because it hurt to go then, we started to associate poos with pain. He would hold and an hold on til he just couldn't hold anymore. He would get so embarressed and apologise. Poor little man. I started to sit him on the toilet once an hour for 5 minutes. I'd sit with him and tell him why he's there - too see if he can do poos. I tried asking him first every hour, do you need to do poos but he would always say no so I found physically sitting him there more effective.