+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pooing in undies..sorry a bit TMI follows...

Hi guys...I need some advice...my 3 yrd old son is toilet trained, has been since 2yrs9months, both night & day. He is excellent at doing wees on the toilet and will take himself off to the toilet and do a wee or will come over and start taking his shorts off and say 'mum, wee'.

The trouble I'm having is that he is having a bit of a problem pooing in his undies at the moment. HE KNOWS he shouldnt do it as he will come over and say, 'oh no, sorry, sorry!' He was originally toilet trained using toilet & potty combined, we got the potty back out a month ago as he was very sick and was on antibiotics for 1 month, so you can imagine this just went straight through him and he wouldnt make it to the toilet. Now we have put the potty away and he has to go to the toilet only. I always take him to the loo about 30mins after his breakfast as he is like clockwork with his poos. Tonight he did one in his undies and proceeded to take his undies off (resulting in pooy legs ....sorry, I told you TMI!!!!!) he then got the baby wips off the shelf sand started to wipe his bottom and legs. HE KNOWS what to do, I think when he is doing a poo it just hits him and sometimes he doesnt make it. we went to my brothers to stay last weekend and he didnt do one poo all day Saturday then on Sunday he pooed his pants twice. It's like he's a bit nervous about doing a poo in someone elses loo.

I think the main causes of his pooing in his undies are: he gets a bit scared about doing them (after the antibiotics - it was pretty bad) he doesnt get to the toilet quickly enough (we have a fairly big house and the toilet is a fair way from the playroom) and also he got a bit lazy doing them in the potty. I AM NOT going back to using the potty though!

So what can I do???? I keep saying 'no poos in undies' and he does know as he will say this to me. This morning he said to me "mum, no wees in undies okay?" It was actually very cute. BUT tonights episode really got me p*ssed off. I didnt yell at him but I did lay the law down. I've tried the gentle approach it's okay, it was just an accident etc, but that didnt help, he thought it was okay.

PLease help me!!! I am sick of cleaning pooy undies! It's happening almost every 2nd day now!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ** Bump**...please??? anyone?????????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey,
    My ds11 would die if he knew I was telling this story but here goes. He was toilet trained for wees very quickly but for a long time refused to do poos in the potty or toilet and I would have to put a nappy back on him - he would tell me. Then one day we were out for lunch with the whole family and he needed to go - after much coaxing and little choice he finally did his first poo in the toilet. We all cheered and made such a fuss and treated him with a big over the top ice cream sundae - from that moment on it was never an issue again - maybe catch him out and reward him??? Good luck!

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    oh hon .. I understand the frustration!!!!!

sorry no one has replied yet - and I cant offer TOO much advice.

Jack reverted to pooing his pants when his brother was born .. I was just about losing my wits, when a friend reminded me that Jack is a germaphobe .. ta da!!! I just explained to him that he was making his clothes, and everything he sat on .. germy- and he stopped within a day or so (yeah yeah .. I know .. he will be in therapy later freaking about germs .. but we will worry about that later!!!)

Have you tried reward charts etc??? JUST for poos??? even if he does a little in his pants but MOST in the toilet at the start, and then he gets more efficient as he goes???

I do feel for you .. I wish there was a magic wand for toilet training - its SOOOOOO easy for some kids - and so not for others ... made even more frustrating when kids to backtrack ..

xx
    Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've been having similiar issues with DD3! I am still using the potty although she uses the toilet quite well most of the time. A few months ago when she was sitting on the potty DH poked his head round the bathroom door while DD3 was on the potty. She said "I'm doing a a poo dad", and DH looked at me and said something along the lines of "I'll have a party the day that happens". Well DD fixed on this and told everyone we were having a "Poo Party", I brough a packet of chips and put them up high in the pantry, she knew that when she did poos in the potty we would a "poo party"!!! Sure enough we soon had a couple of poo parties!

I thought all was going well until early Feb when she started back at day care after 6 weeks at home. She goes to family day care 3 days a week from 8.45 to 2.45 and started holding her poos until we got home, generally not an issue but then she stopped doing that and started pooing in her undies. I hate picking her up and finding 1 or 2 little plastic bags with pooey undies for me to clean when I get home!!! I often resort to just chucking them in the bin!! Last week I got another packet of chips for the pantry shelf and told her she could have a poo party if she did all poos in the tolet at day care. Monday and Tuesday she went in the potty before we left the house, Wed she did a poo in the day carers toilet - lots of excitement all round and then 1/2 hour later (still at day care) she pooed her pants! We are going to persevere with the "poo party" theme, it seemed to motivate her the first time, fingers crossed it works again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies...I'll go back to using the sticker chart, he loved that! When he first started I used to keep a container of lollies in the toilet (it had a lid! dont worry) and he would get a jelly bean if he did a poo. I might have to go back to bit of the old bribery too! Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He has just done it again, that's actually twice for today now!!!!!!!!!!!! Once this morning and once this arvo!!!!!!

I put a sticker chart up this morning and all.....what am I doing wrong??????? what should I be doing????? God, I am so annoyed I am going to strangle him!!! (okay so dont call DOCS Im not really , but seriously, what should I do??????????????)

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH GOOD LORD. SOMEONE SAVE ME. HE JUST DID IT .....A G A I N!!!!!!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    *BUMP* C'mon im going crazy, pls help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel, and it is so hard!

We have been having poo issues on and off for a year, currently worst it has ever been.