ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My youngest sister is going through this cr@p and has been for a while. I just wish it'd all end for her. She wants to change schools. She is doing year 11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    It's awful, I really despise social networking sites for kids.

But I myself have been bullied by some very immature women who seem to be wanting to relive their high school years - hell, I even had one woman send me a msg when I was 36 weeks pregnant with DS2 that she was going to come and 'belt me' cos she didn't like that I defended myself... And then she proceeded to try and turn our friends against me!

It's crap like that that makes me want to delete my facebook account. I'm in my mid twenties and have 2 kids, I don't need people dragging me into that type of drama!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Aren't they meant to be over a certain age to be on facebook? I would be tempted to contact FB admin to tell them they are underage, but the problem with that is that it would drive all of this bullying underground and be harder to help the kids being bullied. One of my cousin's airs everything on FB and now her teenage daughter has started doing the same and some of the terrible things that others say is really worrying.

OP, have you told your little SIL's parents about all of this so they can act on it, or at least your hubby (I'm assuming he is her big brother)?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

mummaof4  (05-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Aren't they meant to be over a certain age to be on facebook? I would be tempted to contact FB admin to tell them they are underage, but the problem with that is that it would drive all of this bullying underground and be harder to help the kids being bullied. One of my cousin's airs everything on FB and now her teenage daughter has started doing the same and some of the terrible things that others say is really worrying.

OP, have you told your little SIL's parents about all of this so they can act on it, or at least your hubby (I'm assuming he is her big brother)?
    I think you do but the age limit is 13 or maybe 16 I can't remember. Hope it all blows over though, sounds like a terrible situation for your sil

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Aren't they meant to be over a certain age to be on facebook?
    theyd just start up new ones though.. and its very easy to put in a fake birthdate. the amount of babies & children who have their own pages is ridiculous! they can barely talk let alone type

Thanks
    Reviews
    The age for facebook is 13. so thats not going to help anything. And I dont think saying anything on their pages is going to help either. It'll just make them do it in PM's where adults cant see.