+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Are there any hubbers at all that "don't" use FaceBook??

Am I the only one on the planet that hates FB?

So if you are not on FB you miss out in real life with friends and family and if you join a members group like BH you still miss out...?

I have followed a few threads that I "could" belong to but haven't as I mainly just read and follow but then the thread dies because they all transfer to FB leaving 1 or 2 non facebook users behind which is sad really because Its nice following some of the journeys of amazing women and watching them support each other.(which supports me)

It puts me off joining a thread because when I say I don't have FB I'm automatically left behind.
    Ha not that anyone cares whether I join their thread or not I'm just wondering if there is ANYONE that is similar to me.

So FB is it huh? This is the future?
    Last edited by LoCo; 05-04-2011 at 09:02. Reason: Stupid iPad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    No, I'm sure i hate facebook just as much as you!

Lack of privacy and the amount of information people are sharing is very concerning!

Everything does seem to happen on facebook these days though... unfortunetly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think that happens because facebook isn't moderated so we can chat about anything on there...its where all the real goss happens I love FB!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (05-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont have Facebook and do notice that excludes me sometimes. It is unfortunate but is also my own fault for not using that medium.

Also, there is no "cost" involved in creating a Facebook account, so unlike other areas where someone gets excluded for not conforming (eg no car and only uses public transport, no mobile phone so cannot easily find people when attempting to meetup at a public location).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I totally agree with you!

I do have Facebook though, and for this reason I feel 'forced' to use it.

If I didn't, my friends would *never* communicate with me other ways, and I would be completely out of the loop with anything going on. It sucks!

ETA: I also use it to try and keep touch with forum friends who are no longer on the forum, because I don't know how else to keep in touch with them if we never had a 'real life' friendship.
    So again, I feel like I *have* to use it, and it ****es me off! It's such a time suck and I can't stand half of the crap I read on there
    Last edited by Shanaynay; 05-04-2011 at 10:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have facebook. I don't like the idea of it. I like my privacy. People I want to communicate with I call or see IRL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decambla View Post
    People I want to communicate with I call or see IRL.
    LOL All non fb users always write this. Maybe they don't have friends or relatives in other parts of the world

Facebook is great for me to keep in touch with many friends and relatives in different time zones, as it's difficult to call them or see them IRL

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (05-04-2011),MyPossum  (05-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm only giving my opinion of why "I" don't like facebook. If you enjoy it and find it a usual communication tool then great. I don't have a need for it.

Why is a reason for non fb users not to use it called a comeback? Do we need to justify our choice not to use it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decambla View Post
    I'm only giving my opinion of why "I" don't like facebook. If you enjoy it and find it a usual communication tool then great. I don't have a need for it.

Why is a reason for non fb users not to use it called a comeback? Do we need to justify our choice not to use it?
    When you say things like "I can chat to people IRL or call them" as if people who use facebook are so inept that they can't talk IRL or make a phone call I am just telling you why people use it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never even signed up! For some reason it just doesn't interest me. I have a big enough circle of friends that I keep in contact with anyway, and I really have no desire to see what people from my high school that I haven't seen in years are doing.

I've been tempted lately to keep in touch with some of the lovely people i've met here on BH, but I've yet to take the step